YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Commits

<< < (15/29) > >>

ValleyTalk:
@JDotson8: Per his Facebook page, one-time Milan basketball standout Latin Davis will be transferring from Youngstown State.

That will be another scholarship with him transferring out. Too bad, I really liked Latin.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on April 28, 2017, 02:05:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on April 28, 2017, 01:54:37 PM ---Thanks BigD.

I thought the distribution was something like that, but I was not sure.  Having a competitive basketball program and even making the tournament will be great for the university in several ways.  But it will not be a "cash cow."  Only teams in power conferences that get multiple bids and have their teams make deep runs gain a financial bonanza from the NCAA tournament.

--- End quote ---

The exposure alone can be worth a lot more. Nobody gives a crap about the FCS football playoffs. Even our fans. Shown with the attendance in the home playoff games. Heck, we lost money on the Wofford game.

--- End quote ---

??  fb ??

Sure you did not mean to say basketball? I mean the last time I checked we just had our 27th draft pick go to the Patriots. Dry spell yes, but it pales in comparison to our dry spell in basketball. Heck what are you ashamed of? Most of the teams in the HL have power sports that are not MBB. You don't think that UIC would drop MBB for better Volleyball? I don't recall any UWGB players on the US basketball team, yet I recall seeing multiple member of Green Bay Ski team make the Olympic team. We are what we are and the Ice Castle is not known as a tough place to play women's soccer.

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on April 28, 2017, 09:11:06 PM ---@JDotson8: Per his Facebook page, one-time Milan basketball standout Latin Davis will be transferring from Youngstown State.

That will be another scholarship with him transferring out. Too bad, I really liked Latin.

--- End quote ---

I liked Latin too.  He was a little up and down but always thought he would step up his jr and sr year.  Looks like Ferguson is going to get back up minutes behind Santiago.

If that opens a scholarship then we desperately need another big for the upcoming season.  I know they don't grow on trees however we are thin in the paint.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on April 28, 2017, 09:11:06 PM ---@JDotson8: Per his Facebook page, one-time Milan basketball standout Latin Davis will be transferring from Youngstown State.

--- End quote ---

Any nformation on why he is transferring out? Does it have anything to do with the new style of play and the new coaching staff ?

ytownchief22:
Deaundra Murphy, a 6-4 guard from St. Joseph's in WV has committed. Led the entire state in scoring at 28 ppg. Love this class!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version