YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Commits

<< < (14/29) > >>

BigDWSU:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 28, 2017, 09:47:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on April 28, 2017, 09:39:47 AM ---It's up to the conference to distribute the money, yes. Northern Kentucky received 1.77 million this year for playing one game.

--- End quote ---
It's up the the conference, yes, but the question is, does the Horizon league collect and distribute or not?  Northern Kentudky EARNED 1.77 M but did they keep it, or does YSU get $177,000 along with everybody else?

--- End quote ---

The HL divides all NCAA tournament money into 12 shares.  The team that earned the NCAA tournament money gets 2 shares.  The HL gets 1 share to cover operational costs and all remaining HL teams get 1 share.

Wick250:
Thanks BigD.

I thought the distribution was something like that, but I was not sure.  Having a competitive basketball program and even making the tournament will be great for the university in several ways.  But it will not be a "cash cow."  Only teams in power conferences that get multiple bids and have their teams make deep runs gain a financial bonanza from the NCAA tournament. 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on April 28, 2017, 01:54:37 PM ---Thanks BigD.

I thought the distribution was something like that, but I was not sure.  Having a competitive basketball program and even making the tournament will be great for the university in several ways.  But it will not be a "cash cow."  Only teams in power conferences that get multiple bids and have their teams make deep runs gain a financial bonanza from the NCAA tournament.

--- End quote ---

The exposure alone can be worth a lot more. Nobody gives a crap about the FCS football playoffs. Even our fans. Shown with the attendance in the home playoff games. Heck, we lost money on the Wofford game.

OleYSUfan:
The following are YSU basketball commits:
Garrett Covington   6'5''
Jacob Brown           6'9''
Naz Bohannon        6"6"
Michael Akuchie      6'8"
Devin Morgan         5"10"   (must sit out 1st season)

Appears to be a good recruitment class, I don't believe we can have anymore recruits for the 2017-2018 season.
There seems to be a lot of excitement about this class and high hopes on this board, we certainly welcome these new recruits and hope for positive results in the upcoming 2017-2018 season.

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on April 28, 2017, 03:38:26 PM ---The following are YSU basketball commits:
Garrett Covington   6'5''
Jacob Brown           6'9''
Naz Bohannon        6"6"
Michael Akuchie      6'8"
Devin Morgan         5"10"   (must sit out 1st season)

Appears to be a good recruitment class, I don't believe we can have anymore recruits for the 2017-2018 season.
There seems to be a lot of excitement about this class and high hopes on this board, we certainly welcome these new recruits and hope for positive results in the upcoming 2017-2018 season.

--- End quote ---

I thought that we might have one more since Morgan won't be eligible this season. 

Frosh =Akuchie, Bohannon,Brown,and Covington.  (4)
Soph =Ferguson,Hartfield. (2)
JR = Davis,Haygood,and Morgan (3)
Sr = Santiago,Williams,Rosic,Strollo,and Morse. (5)

That's 14 on the roster.  Not sure Strollo counts for obvious reasons and Does Morgan count this season ?

Should we call the freshman class the ABC men?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version