YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Commits

<< < (24/29) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on May 15, 2017, 02:49:43 PM ---Tyree Robinson Odessa CC 6-5 220 lb.   Listed as a forward on their roster.  12.8 ppg and 7 rebounds playing an average of 15 minutes a game . shot 66% from the field.   I thinks we're done with next years roster.

HS senior numbers were 25.7 ppg 14 rebounds 5.5 blocks in the Boston area (actually 50 miles south of Boston).   I just watched his video and he's a monster inside who mostly dunks.  I read were he was going to commit to New Mexico state.   Looks like a big pickup for the Penguins.     He 's the guy you want getting off the bus first.

--- End quote ---

He is built like Sir Charles and I hope he could play like him (I will take 80% of Sir Charles).

ucfpengbuck:
https://twitter.com/YSUMensHoops/status/864191073559687168

jbags:
First 3* prospect I ever remember us getting...next year is gonna be fun my friends

ucfpengbuck:
Calhoun has brought in NINE new players with Devin Morgan sitting out this year.  I hope these guys can play since we have had a lot guys in the past who couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie.

We have a center,power forwards,small forwards,two guards,and a point guard in this historical haul.
The only thing we might not have is that designated 3 point shooter(zone buster) that many teams have .  DeAndra Murphy might be that guy although I'm not sure if he's a walk on or on scholarship.

I'm so glad we have guys like Naz Bohannon and Tyree Robinson.  The strong power guys have given YSU fits in the past and now we can match up.   

Not sure what the starting line up is next season but Morse,Santiago,and Hartfield will start.   Got to believe with 2 years in the Horizon league that Haygood would be a starter but he'll be pushed.   Haygood has really improved from his freshman year to his Sophomore season so if he pushes it little more he'll be solid and he has help.

I really believe that Braun Hartfield is going to take it to another level next season.  He really came on during the Horizon part of the season while barely playing early.   He has the skills to be all conference.

Warning to the Horizon league,YSU basketball is going to be a tough out starting this November.

ytownchief22:
Odessa is a very good JUCO program. Robinson looks like a nicely built athletic kid that will work vey well in Calhoun's system.

Also, Geoff Hamperian has joined the team as a walk-on. 6-5 F/G from University School in WV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version