YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Commits

<< < (21/29) > >>

Dmorton:
This is the type of recruiting efforts and energy toward the BB program that should have been going on all along.  This is exciting stuff!

mudclods:
I'm not really surprised to see Williams & Rosic go.  I thought early in the season Williams was going to be a huge pickup for YSU.  He was very impressive in the Akron win, but he just never seemed to recover from his injury...same with Rosic.  Neither just mentally seemed to be in the game at times.  Rosic seemed slow and confused at times when he had the ball.  Honestly doesn't even seem like a Division I athlete.  Williams seemed to make to many mental mistakes, which was disappointing because it seemed like he had the talent. 

I really did like Latin Davis, and am disappointed to see him go with 2 years left.  He seemed like a great person and was very exciting at times to watch.  He impressed me with what he could at his size.  He did seem to be inconsistent though and I wondered if he'd stick around. 

ucfpengbuck:
Wilbourn is going to be a nice addition .   He needs to continue to add muscle but if you watch his high school sr video and contrast that to his 2nd year at CC it's like two different guys.  He has added strength and athleticism. Whether it's being 2 years older or he got in the weight room or both.
We're not at this point going to get a 4 star or 5 star guys so coach needs to finds these overlooked players with upside and I hope he has.

ytownchief22:
Getting more and more excited.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 08, 2017, 03:21:34 PM ---I think style has much to do with it. In an up-tempo offense, you have to shoot fast and accuracy suffers. Yet you hope the number of shots makes up for the lower in-basket percentage. How do the basketball experts on the board see this new style impacting fouls? Will we have more or less? The same but maybe more away from the ball?

--- End quote ---
The reason to run an up tempo offense is the get the ball up court before the defense is set.  It should RAISE not lower shooting percentages.  Fouls are basicly defensive in nature and the style of offense shouldn't make much difference, but the negative would be higher turnovers. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version