YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Commits

<< < (3/29) > >>

jbags:
I have a feeling he brings in a JC post of some type and 2 transfers who will sit out

ucfpengbuck:
jbags,I hope you're right.   There's always an upside but you can say that about many prospects.   Last year when I saw Hartfield's video his skill level jumped out at me.  He also scored 37 points in the state semifinal vs Westerville South.

Bobby Hain's hs video showed him more of an outside shooter than a post up player like he was at YSU so you never know when a new players comes into the program.

Cam Morse only had one D1 offer so I hope Brown can develop into a legit Horizon league post player.

We really need a juco post player to go with our returning guys.  Morse,Santiago,and Hartfield are solid.  Someone like a williams or Rosic need to take their game up a level.   Our only big is Haygood  who has improved but can't stay out of foul trouble.

jbags:
I can't help but recall VASJ Coach Kwasnak's comments about Calhoun's ability to recruit good players but the "right" players..
To me that means guys that fit his style..his records at FSU lead me to believe he can do that...i expect much better contributions from Rahim Williams Hartsfield and Devin Haygood because they seem to fit his "run and stun" style...the fact that he must go deeper in his bench to play that way should stop guys from constantly transferring out...Keene..Andrews..Weber..Umude were perfect for this style...cant wait to see it all come together...we need a transfer 2 guard to sit out and then step in for Morse...Rob Edwards from Cleve St seems perfect

Wick250:
Perhaps the reason that Slocum's teams always seemed to lack an identify was the fact that he had to take any plausible DI talent that was willing to come.  As jbags noted, Calhoun is seeking players that can fit into his style of play.  That is going to make a big difference.  For the first time since Peters, there is a plan.  Calhoun might end up disappointing us all, but I don't think so.  I really feel the long nightmare is coming to an end.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on April 17, 2017, 06:46:54 PM ---Perhaps the reason that Slocum's teams always seemed to lack an identify was the fact that he had to take any plausible DI talent that was willing to come.  As jbags noted, Calhoun is seeking players that can fit into his style of play.  That is going to make a big difference.  For the first time since Peters, there is a plan.  Calhoun might end up disappointing us all, but I don't think so.  I really feel the long nightmare is coming to an end.

--- End quote ---

Yep. I love the staff he's put together. This group could do special things. I have a good feeling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version