YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NO SPRING GAME FRIDAY

<< < (2/7) > >>

HappyPenguin:
I know room for seating is minimal, perhaps the elevated golfing area only, but you would think someone could come up with a plan to move this into WATTS.

Wick250:
Since we advanced from the preliminary round to the finals, we played 16 football games last season, the most ever by a IAA/FCS team.  Then we started spring practice less than two months after we walked off the field in Texas.  Even under ideal conditions, there was no need to play a competitive football game in the spring.

I agree with IAA Fan that it would have been nice to keep the party and have a "meet and greet" with the players and the coaches.  Also agree with Happy that the WATTS could have been utilized, perhaps by letting in fans for free and allowing them to watch a no-contact passing scrimmage similar to what high schools do in the summer.

Bottom line is, according to Bo, we got in the necessary work.  Risking more injuries in bad conditions would not have been very intelligent.

peteonastick:
Should have done something like what the Buckeye's do - Student Appreciation Day

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/photos-buckeyes-students-fans-players-celebrate-ohio-states-2017-student-appreciation-day

YSUGO:
We missed a great marketing opportunity by not doing something.  It's another screw up and a slap in the face to the hardcore fan and a missed opportunity to add to the fan base. 

go guins:
I agree with the thoughts of most of you regarding a missed marketing opportunity. 
Bo can coach, and JT's credentials are beyond question, but our sports marketing effort sucks big time.   I am still in shock over giving up our allocated tickets for the National Championship Game.  The fan trips that should have been organized, the whole community involvement that was lost is, frankly, inexcusable.   Whoever made that decision should be looking for a job.  Now, to miss a great opportunity to connect with the core fan base AGAIN, by just walking away from the spring game without so much as a “thank you for your support” or anything is just another example of marketing incompetence!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version