YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NO SPRING GAME FRIDAY

<< < (3/7) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 11, 2017, 09:11:15 AM ---I agree with the thoughts of most of you regarding a missed marketing opportunity. 
Bo can coach, and JT's credentials are beyond question, but our sports marketing effort sucks big time.   I am still in shock over giving up our allocated tickets for the National Championship Game.  The fan trips that should have been organized, the whole community involvement that was lost is, frankly, inexcusable.   Whoever made that decision should be looking for a job.  Now, to miss a great opportunity to connect with the core fan base AGAIN, by just walking away from the spring game without so much as a “thank you for your support” or anything is just another example of marketing incompetence!

--- End quote ---

2 issues that caused this. 

1.  Not winning enough under Heacock. 
2.  Old fan base is old and dying off

go guins:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on April 19, 2017, 09:31:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on April 11, 2017, 09:11:15 AM ---I agree with the thoughts of most of you regarding a missed marketing opportunity. 
Bo can coach, and JT's credentials are beyond question, but our sports marketing effort sucks big time.   I am still in shock over giving up our allocated tickets for the National Championship Game.  The fan trips that should have been organized, the whole community involvement that was lost is, frankly, inexcusable.   Whoever made that decision should be looking for a job.  Now, to miss a great opportunity to connect with the core fan base AGAIN, by just walking away from the spring game without so much as a “thank you for your support” or anything is just another example of marketing incompetence!

--- End quote ---
Let me get this straight. You are blaming H

--- End quote ---
Let me get this straight.  You are blaming Heacock and old fans for turning down the tickets to Frisco and for not taking advantage of the cancelled spring game for some kind of "fan appreciation day"??
I'm not sure what all the issues are, but Heacock and old fans are NOT the problem!  Poor marketing of the sports program is an obvious and serious issue at YSU, but Heacock and old fans are NOT! 

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on April 19, 2017, 09:50:48 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Let me get this straight.  You are blaming Heacock and old fans for turning down the tickets to Frisco and for not taking advantage of the cancelled spring game for some kind of "fan appreciation day"??
I'm not sure what all the issues are, but Heacock and old fans are NOT the problem!  Poor marketing of the sports program is an obvious and serious issue at YSU, but Heacock and old fans are NOT!

--- End quote ---

Heacock was a problem.

Fans are older now.  I know many that have does off.

New fans are millenials .  Can't handle cold weather.  Would rather play a video game.

Population has declined.

That is the issue

Wick250:
The lackluster relationship between the football team and the community now as compared to the Tressel years can be attributed to all three factors mentioned in this discussion.

Sports marketing is very weak.  It lacks any vision or the ability to innovate.

Our crowds are old and that demographic shrinks every year.  Young people think they are sports fans if they watch a game on their electronic devices.  Spending three hours sitting in the stands is just not what most of them do.

Tressel built tight bonds between the community and the football team.  By allowing the elite program to deteriorate into mediocrity, Heacock broke those bonds.  We are still laboring to restore them, but it is not very easy.

go guins:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on April 20, 2017, 02:35:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on April 19, 2017, 09:50:48 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Heacock was a problem.

Fans are older now.  I know many that have does off.

New fans are millenials .  Can't handle cold weather.  Would rather play a video game.

Population has declined.

That is the issue

--- End quote ---
HEACOCK???  Seriously????  You complain about old fans, but go to a game sometime.  That is what you see, "seasoned" fans.  That is NOT becuase Heacock screwed everything up, but because the sports marketing effort has dropped the ball.  Everything you say applies to OSU as well as YSU (including some Heacock influence) Do you see the same demise of the fan base there?  I'll tell you one thing, I think SOMEBODY, not mentioning your name, is the one that is too old!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version