YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Sources: YSU to hire national runner-up Calhoun as men’s basketball coach

<< < (6/6)

jbags:
I've been posting off and on for years that we could never recruit stud inside players so instead get  players in the 6'5, 6'6 range that can run and jump...it sounds like that is the plan for Calhoun. Players love it because they will all play. Think back to Kevin Mackeys  teams at Cleveland State.  94 feet of pressure..run and stun..if you don't like it don't schedule us. We've needed this breath of fresh air and community involvement for years. Those of you into recruiting , keep your eyes on the Cleveland area. This sure sounds like it's gonna be fun

YsuPride:
Very impressed with the choice of new HC.   Has lots of fire to get the job done and turn our program around. Now YSU needs to get fully behind him and market the team better.  I attended one game this year the debacle against American and boycotted since.  I will be back now.  Hopefully we get to the .500 mark this year.    I feel we can.   Go Guins!!!!

ysuguins4:
Really looking forward to the future of Penguin hoops.  On paper this is a great hire.  Hope it translates to the court.  Successful D2 head coach, assistant in a successful D1 program with a veteran head coach, has spent his lifetime in Ohio and West Virginia, great contacts in those two states plus Pa, Kentucky, Maryland and Virgina.  I plan on purchasing season tickets come fall.

ysuseasonticket:
I haven't been to a men's basketball game since they put up the new scoreboard. I will be there next year though, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

southbeach:
According to the vindicator the Curbstone Coaches are having a evening dinner meeting to welcome
coach Calhoun. The meeting will be Apr 27 at 6:30 at Avion Banquet Center. Cost of buffet dinner is $11.
The public is encouraged to attend. Please come and meet the our new coach! No reservations are required.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version