YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Sources: YSU to hire national runner-up Calhoun as men’s basketball coach

<< < (5/6) > >>

ytownchief22:
5 years, 200k base salary for Calhoun.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 28, 2017, 12:48:47 PM ---Press conference today at 3.

--- End quote ---
Just finished watching his press conference. He wants fast tempo offense (with lots of 3s) and defense. He wanted guys who can run (he will run them tomorrow).
it sounds like he wants to engage the community which is the opposite of JS.
He is bringing in 1 assistant but did not say if he plans to retain any of the current assistant coaches.
He is ready to hit the ground running.

Wick250:
So we raised the salary by about 60k.  That is impressive and about as far as we can go for basketball.

He plans to pressure all over the court with a variety of man and zone presses.  Love it.  It also means that we must play many more people than Slocum did to avoid fatigue.  That will be great for team morale.

He spoke of playing a demanding schedule.  Hopefully, we have seen the last of Slocum's junk home games in December that turned everybody off.

One month ago, I never would have believed that we could make a hire that, on paper at least, is fantastic.

ytownchief22:
Watched it as well. Like everything I heard. The exact opposite demeanor wise from JS. Love his enthusiasm. Can't wait to see the product on the court. Very excited about this hire! Maybe I will actually get back to Beeghly now to see a game.

goodnews:
The easiest and quickest way to get money for the program is a demanding schedule with paydays...  The team should've been playing 4 or 5  not 2 per season anyway....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version