YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Marcus Keene entering NBA draft

<< < (2/2)

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on March 16, 2017, 11:12:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on March 16, 2017, 10:10:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 15, 2017, 05:21:54 PM ---Will probably end up in the D-League. Great scorer tho.

--- End quote ---
Agreed, so was/is Kay Felder, but it takes a very unique and special skill set to play in the NBA at 5/9 (or less, I'm guessing)  Guys like Isaiah Thomas, Muggsy Bogues, Spud Webb, and Calvin Murphy don't come along very often.  In fact, I can think of only these 4 in almost 50 years which is less than my "once every 10 years" guess.

--- End quote ---
I am not sure he is in the same ball park as Webb, Thomas or Bogues.
IMO, the 5/9 guy's problem is not with the shots. If he is quick enough, he will get the shots off. The problem is on the defense end. You cannot play zone in NBA to protect the 5/9 guy as in college. When you have to guard a 6/6 guy one on one in the NBA, he could be a defense liability.
Kendrick Perry was about 6/0 and I thought was a more well rounded player then Keene. He played couple years with the d league and last I heard, he was playing in Europe. I don't think Perry will make it in to NBA.
It will be a long shot for Keene.

--- End quote ---
That's right, the issue is on the defensive end.  Good grief, Kyrie Irving is listed at 6'3" (probably closer to 6'2" but still towers 1/2 a foot over Keene.  Imagine trying to stop Kye when he has 6" on you?  You can get 30 points and loose the matchup by 30! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version