YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Baseball Troubles

<< < (2/3) > >>

ytownchief22:
Pitching stinks. Gave up 23 runs to Morehead... Yikes.

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 13, 2017, 10:01:05 PM ---Pitching stinks. Gave up 23 runs to Morehead... Yikes.

--- End quote ---

IAA Fan:
Well I thought we had a very positive weekend.

Friday we beat Kent (who was #24 at the time). Now both teams were saving themselves for big weekend series, so it is hard to say, but the game was very well managed, we hit and played team defense.

The 1st-game again WSU was very close, we made a base running error & it went into extra innings and we fell apart. Game two we were never really in it. We took game 3, again on offense.

Now this is college so the reliance on offense has to be expected, but I like the way that we are playing. If we can stay at the level that would take 2 of 3 from the HL's #1 team and defeat a ranked opponent, we are heading in the right direction.

OleYSUfan:
!AA - it's pitching, pitching and more pitching. We have a couple of decent pitchers, but it takes more than a couple good outings. We had Andrew Kendrick step up in hitting with 13 homers in 84 at bats. That's phenomenal!

The ladies have good hitters, but good pitching by UIC totally dominated YSU girls with only 1 run in 3 games. Our batters were just swiping at the ball hoping for a hit. Again pitching is the magic that solidifies good college baseball and softball. 

YSU has good hitters and defense is adequate, but pitching is so-so. 

Wick250:
Bertolini has won more league games than I thought he would.  And there are two teams worse than us who we have not played yet.  More wins are probable.  I am pleased with the job he is doing. 

I hope that Bertolini does what Pelini is doing and what Calhoun has stated that he wants to do.  Recruit Tressel's "State of Youngstown."  Five years ago there were four DI baseball programs in NE Ohio; today there are two.  Logically, we should be much better than the mess the program was in on the day that Bertolini took the job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version