YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Baseball Troubles

<< < (3/3)

IAA Fan:
Good posts OleFan and Wick. I know that I am repeating myself, but in the case of pitching is still think it is at least in part, the loss of Antush. He was volunteering the last couple of years, so I know we were going to lose him. I think every one of his pitching recruits the last few years he was here, pitched at the next level, at least for a while.

There are kids that want to play DI ball, but going to the right program is crucial. In this case the HS recruit that is smart enough to play college baseball is looking for an education more-so than a chance to play pro ...so this is why some of those DIII schools in Cleveland recruit very well in baseball ... academics.

I think we do a good job recruiting locally Wick. With Kent so close, there is no reason we cannot have a very good team on a regular basis and really we almost have to or we will face the same fate as CSU. The thing about Cleveland State is that they had those D-III powerhouses close bye. They are going to hurt CSU much more than they hurt YSU. They do not even impact Kent much at all, except maybe at the bottom of the roster, as Kent recruits at the national level in baseball. I would like to see our program be the same way and I believe it can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version