YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Next coach

<< < (20/23) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 22, 2017, 09:20:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 21, 2017, 05:06:10 PM ---you can not run a D1 basketball program on a D2 budget.

--- End quote ---

Nor can you run a D1 MBB program on distilled peanut oil, but what's that got to do with the price if tea in China?  If you are implying we aren't paying enough, I would make the case we are in fact running a D1 program on the current budget,  albeit not a very successful one, but we are D1.  Second, while we are far from the top budget, I'll bet you a couple bucks we are not the lowest either.

If you point is we will need to pay a new head coach more that we were paying JS, that is very likely. We are paying BP about twice what we were paying EW, for what reason I have absolutely no idea, and the “management” (read JT) has demonstrated a willingness to step up if the cause is worthwhile.  We have no reason to suspect otherwise in this case, do we?

--- End quote ---

Slocum was the lowest paid coach in the HL. Cleveland State and Wright St don't have football so they can spend more on basketball.

Bo is getting the same exact salary Wolford got. Actually getting less from YSU because of his Nebraska buyout.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 22, 2017, 10:43:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 21, 2017, 05:06:10 PM ---you can not run a D1 basketball program on a D2 budget.

--- End quote ---

Nor can you run a D1 MBB program on distilled peanut oil, but what's that got to do with the price if tea in China?  If you are implying we aren't paying enough, I would make the case we are in fact running a D1 program on the current budget,  albeit not a very successful one, but we are D1.  Second, while we are far from the top budget, I'll bet you a couple bucks we are not the lowest either.

If you point is we will need to pay a new head coach more that we were paying JS, that is very likely. We are paying BP about twice what we were paying EW, for what reason I have absolutely no idea, and the “management” (read JT) has demonstrated a willingness to step up if the cause is worthwhile.  We have no reason to suspect otherwise in this case, do we?

--- End quote ---

Slocum was the lowest paid coach in the HL. Cleveland State and Wright St don't have football so they can spend more on basketball.

Bo is getting the same exact salary Wolford got. Actually getting less from YSU because of his Nebraska buyout.

--- End quote ---
Question wasn't HL, but D1 and I stand by my statement, we aren't the lowest.  I had recalled BP was getting more than EW, but it's the same.  However, I don't get the "actually getting less from YSU" part? 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 22, 2017, 10:57:37 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Question wasn't HL, but D1 and I stand by my statement, we aren't the lowest.  I had recalled BP was getting more than EW, but it's the same.  However, I don't get the "actually getting less from YSU" part?

--- End quote ---

Wolford got 50k for doing media obligations. Bo doesn't get that, and doesn't need it lol.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 22, 2017, 01:26:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on March 22, 2017, 10:57:37 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Wolford got 50k for doing media obligations. Bo doesn't get that, and doesn't need it lol.

--- End quote ---
The Vindicator originally reported Pelini's contract equaled Wolford's which included the 50K, so according to the Vindicator, YSU is paying the same.  Other sources (later including the vindy) report it as you say.  Hate to go against the Vindicator, as they are like the Internet.  If I read it on the Internet/Vindy, it MUST be true!
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 22, 2017, 09:20:19 AM ---We are paying BP about twice what we were paying EW
--- End quote ---

Not true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version