YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Next coach

<< < (15/23) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on March 19, 2017, 10:54:26 AM ---Fairmont State advanced to the quarterfinals of the D2 tournament as the number 1 seed.  The D2 quarterfinals, semifinals, and championship game are all this week, ending on March 25.  If Calhoun is being pursued by us, or by CSU, expect some action in the search after the 25th.

--- End quote ---
I hope we are not competing against CSU. Since they do not have a football program, they probably have a much larger MBB budget. Do we know how much are they paying for their HC right now?

BigDWSU:
CSU was paying Waters roughly 2x what you were paying Slocum.  It was something like 450K a year 

Double ET:

--- Quote from: BigDWSU on March 19, 2017, 02:01:15 PM ---CSU was paying Waters roughly 2x what you were paying Slocum.  It was something like 450K a year

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info. If YSU and CSU are going for the same guy, YSU Needs plan B and plan C. Does Wright State need a HC also? If yes, then YSU also needs plan D.

YSUGO:
Timing and Luck are not on YSU's side. By bringing back Slocum last year will probably cost us Calhoun to CSU.  He would have been a perfect fit here.  It depends on CSU if they want the glamour hire or Calhoun.  The new AD has ties to many coaches at CSU,  while ours has really no network to lean on.  According to Dana Balash CSU wanted to cut back some on the coach salary I think they still owe waters money.  Let's see what we are left with.

ytownchief22:
I'll leave this right here:

National Prep Hoops‏ @HoopReview  15h15 hours ago

I'm hearing Jarrod Calhoun is a lock for the Youngstown State job @YSUsports @YSUMensHoops

National Prep Hoops‏ @HoopReview  15h15 hours ago

Jermaine Kimbrough is the clear front runner ( internally )for the Cleveland State job. @CSUVikingsHoops @CSU_Athletics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version