YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Next coach

<< < (11/23) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 16, 2017, 01:02:25 PM ---Does anybody know the complete list of applicants so far?

--- End quote ---

I think it's a little too early for that. If I had to guess from what I've heard.

McFadden
Calhoun
Fuline
Peters

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 16, 2017, 01:09:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 16, 2017, 01:02:25 PM ---Does anybody know the complete list of applicants so far?

--- End quote ---

I think it's a little too early for that. If I had to guess from what I've heard.

McFadden
Calhoun
Fuline
Peters

--- End quote ---
5 will get you 10 the next MBB HC isn't on this blogger's list!

Wick250:
To amplify the point that jbags made, Calhoun indeed seems like a perfect fit.  Here are some credentials, courtesy of a former poster who was the best researcher this board ever had:

-native of northeastern Ohio
-DI assistant under Bob Huggins at WVU
-76% winning percentage at Fairmont State (117-36.)
-stayed at that DII program for five years, suggesting he would, if successful, give us at least that.
-in his mid-thirties.  Young enough to be ambitious and not complacent.

He is now at the top of my list, with McFadden second.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  I do think McFadden and Calhoun will get interviews.  There is a lot I don't know. but what I do know is that Peters and Fuline have no shot, and will not be interviewed.  Peters about 5 years from getting a D-1 job, and Fuline not even in the discussion.

I couldn't agree more, no preconceived plan, whether a D-1 assistant or current D-2 head coach, hire the best guy, much of that can be determined during the interview.

jbags:
I think Calhoun is a no brainer if he wants the job...unless a prominent alum pushes for McFadden...dark horse Pat Beilein and Derrick Kellogg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version