YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Slocum Retiring

<< < (3/6) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on March 08, 2017, 07:38:25 AM --- 1 AA you have been watching a different program than me the last 12 years.   First, Dan Peters did a much better job than Slocum.  One conference tournament semifinal appearance in 12 years, a 5-14 tournament record.

Where do you see 'awesome talent', this team lost 21 games, and ended the regular season a disaster.  Yes, the win over Oakland was a great one for this program, but don't let one win blind an entire seasons.

YSU was swept by Detroit!  Slocum lost 68% of his games, thats awful.  Paid attendance on some nights was less than 1000, the program is irrelevant in our community.  He made no connections with our Valley.

But for the sake of your point, if YSU does indeed have 'awesome talent' returning, then how did Slocum lose 21 games with this talent?

Just about every year his teams among the worst defensively in the conference, this year dead last, giving up somewhere around 84 points per game, that is bad coaching!

--- End quote ---

For the 1,000th time. I have heard it before just give up. All you want is to have your name and opinion on top of every thread. The man gave us 12-years of his life & there is nothing you or any negative people can say to change that. I thank the man fore his services and will comment on his replacement once I see whom it is. Not overly excited at this point, but that will hopefully change.

ysuhoops24:
Gave us 12 years of his life?  It's called a job.  He was employed.  Making a living......He gave us nothing.   What did he do for me?

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on March 08, 2017, 08:19:05 AM ---Gave us 12 years of his life?  It's called a job.  He was employed.  Making a living......He gave us nothing.   What did he do for me?

--- End quote ---

I hope yours and my employers feel differently.

ytownchief22:
Time to stop the losing and get some fresh new blood in this program! A coach who is excited and passionate about leading this program!

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 1 AA you know nothing about me, and I could care less where my name is on your site.  We should all be paid and get rewarded for results, not just tenure. 

You have yet to show any data or results that indicate their is any benchmark to show his 12 years was a success.  Please don't give me abstract, subjective BS; like the program is better off, and his kids graduate.  That is garbage.  What my employer wants to see is results, and if I don't produce, I will be unemployed, and that is the way it should be.  You sound like a liberal heart democrat.

His teams terrible on defense, he lost 68% of his game, 5-14 in the conference tournament.  Those are facts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version