YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Biggest Highlight of the Slocum Era?

(1/4) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Setting aside for a moment the absurdity of Slocum's contract renewals by our intellectually-challenged AD, fist-fights, player attrition, a barely 0.300 HL winning %, a desperate need for a new HC, and the gross misuse annually of $1.3M budgeted for MBB.....what was the highlight...or least worst moment of the Slocum era?

There were a few signs of life while Kendrick Perry and Damian Eargle were at YSU.  For me the biggest win was the 2011 win over Butler.  I was at that game, and it truly felt like a legit D1 MBB program that night. 

Safe travels Jerry.  PM me if you need a referral to any moving companies.

ytownchief22:
Butler by far. Hope retirement and the beach treat you well Jerry. Wont miss ya.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 23, 2017, 09:59:39 AM ---Setting aside for a moment the absurdity of Slocum's contract renewals by our intellectually-challenged AD, fist-fights, player attrition, a barely 0.300 HL winning %, a desperate need for a new HC, and the gross misuse annually of $1.3M budgeted for MBB.....what was the highlight...or least worst moment of the Slocum era?

There were a few signs of life while Kendrick Perry and Damian Eargle were at YSU.  For me the biggest win was the 2011 win over Butler.  I was at that game, and it truly felt like a legit D1 MBB program that night. 

Safe travels Jerry.  PM me if you need a referral to any moving companies.

--- End quote ---
I agree. Butler was ranked at the time and they did not lose another game after that. Media reported that YSU was last team that defeated Butler before the NCAA Championship game.
I was also at that game. If I recall correctly, Howard picked up 2 quick fouls and sat out most of the 1st half. They never were able to recover.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 Appears to be a consensus, Butler win, then Butler went on to play for the national title.

Slocum not only a disaster in wins and losses, he didn't help himself off the court.  Always appeared miserable and angry.

Wick250:
This kind of talk reminds me of last year when I was also sure that a change simply had to be made.  I will not breathe a sigh of relief until word about his retirement or dismissal becomes official. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version