YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Late Surge Leads Penguins to 81-77 Win Over Northern Kentucky

<< < (3/3)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 21, 2017, 08:29:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 21, 2017, 04:45:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 20, 2017, 11:00:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 20, 2017, 09:07:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 19, 2017, 06:35:09 PM ---lol....I can't find the recap post for the previous five games....nothing since CSU back in January.....

--- End quote ---
There are considerably more recap posts on here than you have ever had posts with anything positive to say about YSU.

Nice win for the team on senior day.

--- End quote ---

For the ones that will transfer out in a few weeks, are they "honorary" seniors?

--- End quote ---

Well let's see:

1. Seniors are not transferring out.
2. Those that are being honored are just that "honored seniors"

PS: This might be aimed toward 1990 ... Tressel never has to sign off on a coaching decision as he makes NONE. Although if Slocum was in administrator (as many HC's are) then he would be involved, but would probably defer. Even the decision to hire Pelini was Strollo's. "If" Slocum does leave and it is called a resignation, then that is what it is. Stop trying to make something out of nothing. Look how many people called Coach Heacock's leaving a dismissal ...when he said publicly (before the season) that he would leave if the team does not make the post-season. People just want to see things their own way.

Again to all. If this school let's a tenured head coach leave without honor, then they are dishonoring themselves and me.

--- End quote ---

I think your use of the word "tenured" (definition: "having or denoting a permanent post") is interesting, and in a perverse way, fitting.

I'll ask one more time and then I'll drop it.  Besides somehow not getting fired for 12 years, what specific achievement do you want to honor?  Or is this another participation trophy?

--- End quote ---

of course he is a coach, what else is there? Now keep your promise.

YsuPride:
Last night vs Oakland was pathetic.   2 more games until new hope begins

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 22, 2017, 11:39:09 AM ---Last night vs Oakland was pathetic.   2 more games until new hope begins

--- End quote ---
It was pathetic ! I turned it off in the second half. They gave up almost 60 points in the second half.
A 20 minutes half is equal to 1200 seconds. If we just ran the 30 clock out for each possession and Oakland took 15 sec to shoot the ball. It will take 45 seconds. So, they will have (1200/45 = 26.7) possessions. 26.7 possessions * 2 points/possession = 53.3 points. They scored 59.

I know this is an over simplification since there are some 3 point shots and FT involved. However, it just illustrated that Oakland had to score almost for each possession. We must have a hell of a defense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version