YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Baseball Banquet Press Release

<< < (3/3)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 13, 2017, 03:24:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 13, 2017, 02:38:14 PM ---I have never seen some much unjust, uneducated and ridiculous hatred in my life. You people need to move out of Ytown and then you can see  how corrupt big-time collegiate sports really are. We have such incredible quality athletics for a small city. I travel quite a bit and so many people see my "garb" and know us. How many people can even tell you they have heard of  NDSU? You all live in some dream world that we have the same "under-the-table" resources that major institutions have ...we don't!

--- End quote ---

It's fun to throw around a few haymakers every now and then but geez, to wholesale insult your readership is bad form.

Not that it matters, as you will carry water for the profoundly incompetent AD all day long, but I live near FGCU, a school only slightly bigger than YSU in a town about the size of Ytown, and they play in an arena smaller than Beeghly.  While they have no FB team, their MBB team joined D1 recently in 2011, and have been to the Dance twice, Sweet 16 once, and the NIT once in those few short years.  There's no scandals...just competent leadership...something YSU woefully lacks.

--- End quote ---

No I am insulting you and your brother 1990...just you ...no one else hides under the illusion that you are YSU fans so you can just say what you want. Furthermore you should be ashamed to even compare any  D1 college in Florida to YSU. They can field a winning program with new recruits they get off the streets every year. and when they all flunk out ...simply reload. It isn't apples to oranges.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 13, 2017, 10:46:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 13, 2017, 02:38:14 PM ---I have never seen some much unjust, uneducated and ridiculous hatred in my life. You people need to move out of Ytown and then you can see  how corrupt big-time collegiate sports really are. We have such incredible quality athletics for a small city. I travel quite a bit and so many people see my "garb" and know us. How many people can even tell you they have heard of  NDSU? You all live in some dream world that we have the same "under-the-table" resources that major institutions have ...we don't!

--- End quote ---

It's fun to throw around a few haymakers every now and then but geez, to wholesale insult your readership is bad form.

Not that it matters, as you will carry water for the profoundly incompetent AD all day long, but I live near FGCU, a school only slightly bigger than YSU in a town about the size of Ytown, and they play in an arena smaller than Beeghly.  While they have no FB team, their MBB team joined D1 recently in 2011, and have been to the Dance twice, Sweet 16 once, and the NIT once in those few short years.  There's no scandals...just competent leadership...something YSU woefully lacks.

--- End quote ---

No I am insulting you and your brother 1990...just you ...no one else hides under the illusion that you are YSU fans so you can just say what you want. Furthermore you should be ashamed to even compare any  D1 college in Florida to YSU. They can field a winning program with new recruits they get off the streets every year. and when they all flunk out ...simply reload. It isn't apples to oranges.

--- End quote ---

Actually, FGCU has a higher 2014-15 (most recent year available) APR than YSU, so again you are trafficking fake news.

Here is an interesting link showing the impact a winning MBB program has had on FGCU.  Higher GPA's and ACT scores of incoming Freshman, doubling of fundraising, enhanced alumni participation, rising enrollment, and of course improved attendance and apparel sales.

http://www.fgcu.edu/CRM/fastfacts.html

It truly underscores the lost potential the entire University (YSU) could've experienced had it not been for neglect of MBB, wasted resources, and a profoundly incompetent Athletic Department.  It's actually quite sickening.  Slocum and Strollo need to pack their bags, leave Youngstown, and go wherever inept sabotaging losers go.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 14, 2017, 10:13:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 13, 2017, 10:46:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Actually, FGCU has a higher 2014-15 (most recent year available) APR than YSU, so again you are trafficking fake news.

Here is an interesting link showing the impact a winning MBB program has had on FGCU.  Higher GPA's and ACT scores of incoming Freshman, doubling of fundraising, enhanced alumni participation, rising enrollment, and of course improved attendance and apparel sales.

http://www.fgcu.edu/CRM/fastfacts.html

It truly underscores the lost potential the entire University (YSU) could've experienced had it not been for neglect of MBB, wasted resources, and a profoundly incompetent Athletic Department.  It's actually quite sickening.  Slocum and Strollo need to pack their bags, leave Youngstown, and go wherever inept sabotaging losers go.

--- End quote ---

That APR means nothing and I did not even traffic any "news" just opinion. So you either agree or feel that I am full of crap ...I can take either one as that is your opinion as well. Here is a link that shows what FGSU's 2017 NCAA football final appearance did for their school:

absoloootlynothing.com

Don't act as though I do not want a good MBB program, as I do. However, It has to be at the bottom of a list of about 20 sports in priority especially football and the other headcount sports.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version