YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU MEN'S BASKETBALL/SLOCUM

<< < (19/29) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 28, 2017, 09:52:33 AM ---Where is the money going to come for this ? Who would want to donate for a loser basketball program that makes no money right now ? We are talking many years down the road for this to happen. Price tag would be big. Get rid of Jerry first.

--- End quote ---
This is a public, non-profit university, that is to say, money is virtually unlimited.  All this crap about money money money all the time makes me laugh.  This is a business that has doubled it's endowment fund balance in about 2 years and improved it's bottom line performance by something like $10,000,000 in the same time frame.  Plus I'm not sure that JT isn't as good at getting into peoples pockets as he was a football coach.  If JT thinks the university would be well served to fire Slocum, he's gone, and if JT thinks it's time to update Beegley, it will be updated.  Just as JT thought it was time to fix the slum housing on top of the East side of Stambaugh Statium.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 28, 2017, 11:05:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 28, 2017, 09:52:33 AM ---Where is the money going to come for this ? Who would want to donate for a loser basketball program that makes no money right now ? We are talking many years down the road for this to happen. Price tag would be big. Get rid of Jerry first.

--- End quote ---
This is a public, non-profit university, that is to say, money is virtually unlimited.  All this crap about money money money all the time makes me laugh.  This is a business that has doubled it's endowment fund balance in about 2 years and improved it's bottom line performance by something like $10,000,000 in the same time frame.  Plus I'm not sure that JT isn't as good at getting into peoples pockets as he was a football coach.  If JT thinks the university would be well served to fire Slocum, he's gone, and if JT thinks it's time to update Beegley, it will be updated.  Just as JT thought it was time to fix the slum housing on top of the East side of Stambaugh Statium.

--- End quote ---

The first part is wrong. Public universities are getting funding cut big time. The only reason some things are getting done is because of private donations, which JT and McFadden have done a great job of..

Your last part about the east side press box, why is not done yet this year ? Because they still need more money. So money is not unlimited as you say.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 28, 2017, 01:51:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on February 28, 2017, 11:05:31 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The first part is wrong. Public universities are getting funding cut big time. The only reason some things are getting done is because of private donations, which JT and McFadden have done a great job of..

Your last part about the east side press box, why is not done yet this year ? Because they still need more money. So money is not unlimited as you say.

--- End quote ---
You read and believe the propaganda too much!  Every hear anybody besides one of your fellow blogers say the hold up with the East stands was funding?
An even cursory review of the budget will show that state funding went up 3,500,000 last year and another 1,000,000 on top of that this year and the general fund bottom line improved 7,000,000 a year ago, and another 3,500,000 this year.  Anything above the state funding increase (3,500,000 last year and 2,500,000 this year) is operational improvement by the current administration.  Not to mention the doubling of the endowment fund, which is more than ¼ Billion?  PLUS the enrollment is now increasing once again after a decade or so of steady declines.
Trust me, If JT wants new seats, we’ll have new seats.  Best day in the last 50 years at least for YSU? The day they hired JT as President.  Second best day?  The day they hired JT as head football coach!

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 27, 2017, 06:33:38 PM ---On his sportscast this evening, Dana Balash (tv21) reported that the university can pick up or decline an option on Slocum for next season.  Deadline for the action on that option is April 1.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Wick I have been waiting to hear. That means we did offer him a new agreement.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 28, 2017, 07:11:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 27, 2017, 06:33:38 PM ---On his sportscast this evening, Dana Balash (tv21) reported that the university can pick up or decline an option on Slocum for next season.  Deadline for the action on that option is April 1.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Wick I have been waiting to hear. That means we did offer him a new agreement.

--- End quote ---

I really hope that they have not, but I love the irony of April 1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version