YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU MEN'S BASKETBALL/SLOCUM

<< < (18/29) > >>

coachtress:
If I am not mistaken, Bowling Green has a brand new arena.  That said, I was at the game versus CSU at the Wolstein Center. ...  a building that CSU wants to tear down snice the size doesn't fit them, and the building is 25 years old.  The video board was no longer working, and in my opinion our pep bad is way better than CSU's.  I know I am biased, but I would take a game at Beeghly over the Wolstein Center, albeit the bleachers.

YsuPride:
YSU needs to remodel Beeghly.   While being remodeled play a year at the Coveli center.  New coach and remodel will go long way.  Need funds for remodel I understand.  Arena has seen better days.  Its dated and is like going back to the 1970's with those bleachers. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 27, 2017, 05:31:40 PM ---I have never bought into the "Football v. Basketball" concept.  The best time ever for YSU sports was the 1997-98 academic year.  National championship for football, conference championship and win over Memphis in the NCAA tournament for women's basketball, and appearance in the conference final for men's basketball. But within five years, all three coaches were gone and the hard times began.  Football and both basketball programs tanked under poor leadership.  It was not money or the distribution of the money, it was the quality of the coaching.  Heacock and Wolford.  Stroia, Robic, and Slocum.  Hill and Martin.  Only the arrival of Boldon/Barnes and Pelini restored those programs.  Men's basketball remains a black hole, and it will stay that way until the proper guy is found.

--- End quote ---
I agree 100% (except we are a university, so it should be "until right person is found")

Penguin Nick:
Duquesne University had ugly bleachers just like YSU and got rid of them and put in seats.  You lose some #’s but it looks much nicer.   
See the picture:   http://www.goduquesne.com/facilities/duqu-facil-palumbo.html

ytownchief22:
Where is the money going to come for this ? Who would want to donate for a loser basketball program that makes no money right now ? We are talking many years down the road for this to happen. Price tag would be big. Get rid of Jerry first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version