YSU MEN'S BASKETBALL/SLOCUM

<< < (12/29) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 18, 2017, 01:05:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 18, 2017, 12:41:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 18, 2017, 12:13:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 18, 2017, 11:38:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on February 17, 2017, 09:48:07 PM ---

Wow, I must be missing something here. He was a decent D2 coach, still might be a decent D2 coach. Has had a long time to prove his worth at the D1 level and has not.

Thank him for his time and effort, throw him a party, get his key to the building and keep him as far away as possible from the selection process for the next guy. If we had the money to create a position for him in the AD department, which we do not, it would be better spent on the next guy.

--- End quote ---

Yes you do honor a man with that service and yes his ability at D2 is exactly why I said he can be valuable. Nation and Chief just hate anything YSU that is not something with it's tail between his legs.

--- End quote ---

No, I want this basketball program to succeed, not be sub-par which you and the administration seem to enjoy.

--- End quote ---

and that has what to do with honoring your long-time coach?

--- End quote ---

He was paid in full for time served, so longevity (which was undeserved) is nothing to honor.

What specific accomplishment would you honor?

--- End quote ---

Obviously you will never know. Just keep spitting.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 18, 2017, 01:48:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 18, 2017, 01:05:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 18, 2017, 12:41:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 18, 2017, 12:13:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 18, 2017, 11:38:24 AM ---Yes you do honor a man with that service and yes his ability at D2 is exactly why I said he can be valuable. Nation and Chief just hate anything YSU that is not something with it's tail between his legs.

--- End quote ---

No, I want this basketball program to succeed, not be sub-par which you and the administration seem to enjoy.

--- End quote ---

and that has what to do with honoring your long-time coach?

--- End quote ---

He was paid in full for time served, so longevity (which was undeserved) is nothing to honor.

What specific accomplishment would you honor?

--- End quote ---

Obviously you will never know. Just keep spitting.

--- End quote ---

Highest player attrition rate?

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 14, 2017, 09:58:44 AM ---Hey Nation,

Jerry is 3-15 in the Horizon League Tourney in his career. Is that good ? ;)

We are the only school to not win the HL tournament besides Oakland and Northern Kentucky who just joined recently so I don't even count them yet. We are a laughing stock of a program. Ask around...

--- End quote ---

Exactly, since the year Jerry took over, every team in the HL has been to the dance minus YSU, UIC, and NKU.  NKU just joined D1 as a full member last year.  UIC was in the year before Slocum in 2004. 

ysuguins4:
Happy for the Seniors getting a win in their final home game.

3 games left for Jerry.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
   Not only have we not been to the dance, we have never even made it to the finals of the conference tournament, and may not have made it to the semifinals.

I have heard that Tressel has signed off on firing Slocum, it will be called a resignation, Strollo wanted this done last year.  I also hear Slocum has been stubborn and expects to be back and will not call this a retirement.

Slocum has been a complete disaster, period.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version