YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU MEN'S BASKETBALL/SLOCUM

<< < (2/29) > >>

IAA Fan:
I basically feel the same as ucfpengbuck & not sure that a new coach is the answer, or at least the complete answer. Is this not Slocum's 1-year extension; or am I off by a year and he is under a new contract? All teams have defections and team playing sub-par have even more. I was listening to Kampe out of Oakland and he says that that (in terms of recruiting) a good offensive player can make a team in the lower mid-major conferences, but you need to have 2 on offense (and hopefully one on defense) in the top MM programs. It does not seem like much, but he says it is very difficult to do

nova75:
5 winning seasons since 1985. Not like they have a rich history of success. Time to stop pretending to be D1 and drop down.

ytownchief22:
Haven't been to a game in 2 years. Will not go until Slocum is gone.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: nova75 on February 10, 2017, 08:01:23 PM ---5 winning seasons since 1985. Not like they have a rich history of success. Time to stop pretending to be D1 and drop down.

--- End quote ---

Dropping simply is not an option, any time you change coaches it is a crap shoot, a 50/50 deal. Sorry to say but we have a 100 chance of staying the same without a change.

A couple of 20-25 win seasons would do wonders for the basketball culture at YSU

penguinpower:
They need to update the seating and make the court like a try D1 think with no bleachers.  Also get them a state of the art gym.  Then get a new coach and they might have something.  But that costs money and I would rather it spent where is should be spent which is in football.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version