YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU MEN'S BASKETBALL/SLOCUM

<< < (6/29) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 13, 2017, 02:28:18 PM --- The level of competition within the OVC is just as good as the MVFC

--- End quote ---

LOL!  I'm now convinced you say outrageous stuff to increase traffic and provoke discussion.  Like this OVC thing, is so outlandish it's absolutely hilarious!  ;D

Penguin Nation:
Regarding Hood, you absolutely never hire someone fired from an inferior institution. NFW. It is risky to even hire someone who succeeded at an inferior institution (like Slocum) due to the Peter principle.  McFadden comes from a successful program in a higher RPI conference, and better yet, he is their recruiting coordinator.  Unless he takes up a drug habit or something bizarre happens, the expectation is he'll continue his success at YSU.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on February 13, 2017, 03:38:41 PM ---Regarding Hood, you absolutely never hire someone fired from an inferior institution. NFW. It is risky to even hire someone who succeeded at an inferior institution (like Slocum) due to the Peter principle.  McFadden comes from a successful program in a higher RPI conference, and better yet, he is their recruiting coordinator.  Unless he takes up a drug habit or something bizarre happens, the expectation is he'll continue his success at YSU.

--- End quote ---
I did here he told the ABJ that he was thinking of trying cocaine.  (That ought to fire up the already fired up IAA!)

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 13, 2017, 02:28:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuseasonticket on February 13, 2017, 01:41:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 13, 2017, 09:47:10 AM ---I'm telling you, if you offered the job to Rick McFadden he would take it.

Ties to this area obviously being from Struthers. He's been the recruiting coordinator for Akron for many years, a great assistant under Dambrot and a consistent 20+ win and NCAA tournament contender. His wife played basketball at YSU.

It all makes sense.... But Strollo and Co. will screw it up somehow I'm sure.

--- End quote ---

I know someone on the inside of the Akron basketball program and he said McFadden is begging for the YSU job. Hopefully it'll be his pretty soon.

--- End quote ---

?? You would fire Slocum for a career back-up?? Struthers? Who cares? Robic and Slocum hail from basketball parts of America. Hire him ...Then what is going to happen, we get a natural short-term bump in a year or 2 simply because of the change & then it is misery once again. No thanks. We are a D1 program & I want someone better than what we have and "it ain't comin' for no $150k a year".

PS. Dean Hood is the considered the father of the 3-3-5 hybrid defense that is used all over the NFL today and we would have been lucky to have him as a DC or HC. (note I said DC). Do you realize how many big time collegiate and NFL teams visited him annually? He finished 1st or 2nd in the OVC in 5 of his 7-years (as HC) at EKU. Once under coach T (his first-year) and a couple of years under Heacock were the only times we have ever seen that. BTW, stop talking about the level of competition within other conferences. The level of competition within the OVC is just as good as the MVFC, the conference just does not have quite the bottom as the MVFC. Furthermore, Hood was a fantastic recruiter at Wake Forest.

--- End quote ---

What does Dean Hood have to do with anything basketball ??? We have Bo Pelini, dear lord. Some of the comments you make on here are ridiculous. Hood was an average coach at an average program in an average conference. He's now an assistant coach at wait for it.... Charlotte!!!

ytownchief22:
Slocum and all assistants need to go. Cancerous. The program is literally dead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version