YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU MEN'S BASKETBALL/SLOCUM

<< < (25/29) > >>

jbags:
A couple of points...first...this little mini run has proven my point about how men's basketball can be profitable with a bit more attention paid to it...all of a sudden we have bus trips and watch parties because of 2 wins...2! Imagine a 20 win season's excitement...it can happen if administration is not fooled by this and finds us a coach we can get excited about....second point...to reiterate..dont let this 2 game excitement cloud over the fact that overall our head coach has a terrible overall record that is compounded by the loss of players through transfer...we still need to move forward and capitalize on this run

go guins:

--- Quote from: jbags on March 06, 2017, 01:20:17 PM ---A couple of points...first...this little mini run has proven my point about how men's basketball can be profitable with a bit more attention paid to it...all of a sudden we have bus trips and watch parties because of 2 wins...2! Imagine a 20 win season's excitement...it can happen if administration is not fooled by this and finds us a coach we can get excited about....second point...to reiterate..dont let this 2 game excitement cloud over the fact that overall our head coach has a terrible overall record that is compounded by the loss of players through transfer...we still need to move forward and capitalize on this run

--- End quote ---
"this little mini run has proven my point about how men's basketball can be profitable with a bit more attention paid to it."
How exactly can you say that?  And WHY is the only thing any of you seem to be interested in sports is to make a profit?  Make a NOTE:  SPORTS PROGRAMS FOR ALL BUT A FEW ELITE SCHOOLS IS A "INVESTMENT" NOT A PROFIT CENTER!
So let's say, for arguments sake, we win the next 2 and win the league and qualify for the turnament (highly unlikely I know but for sake of the argument) would you then immediately fire the head coach?  Exactly what message would that send?  The coaches you would be interested in would simply laugh at you!
You guys are so hung up on your hatred for Slocum that your judgement is clouded.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on March 06, 2017, 12:38:48 PM ---Finish it off.

--- End quote ---

Could not have been said any better.

go guins:
ESPN3?  Local radio?

IAA Fan:
Yes and 570.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version