YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU MEN'S BASKETBALL/SLOCUM

<< < (3/29) > >>

YSUGO:
First of all due to NCAA regulations you can't drop down to Div 2 .  All sports have to be D 1 .  The program is so broken.  Hire a young go getter that the kids can relate too.  We need a JT type of hire like we did when we hired him.  Find a coach that has a pipeline to Europe or fundamentally sound HS and Juco programs.  Recruit Basketball players not just athletes.  Recruit players that are within a 200 mile radius to prevent the homesickness BS.   But first fire everything down there that's got to do with men's Bb.  I don't expect Butler here but I want effort and kids that want to be here.  It seems they aren't all in and play at times that they dont give a f***.  I want kids that hate losing. 

Dmorton:
Agreed!  We need a coach that can recruit and KEEP the talent he recruits. We need depth at Center and the four position all the time.  6'4' and 6'2' recruits to play the three and sometimes four position doesn't cut it in this league.   I'm tired of Slocum saying every game I'm disappointed in our effort and defense.  Well! I thought they focused on defense all preseason what happened to that?

YsuPride:
Just pure misery.    Last place.  Typical Slocum

ysuguins4:
5 games left for Jerry.

Penguin Nation:
We are tied for last place in the HL.  YSU MBB has finished 9th or 10th in the HL 5 of the 11 seasons Slocum has been HC.

I'm not overly optimistic about Slocum's replacement, because he will be selected by the same guy who was going to hire Dean Hood as FB HC.  Hood was fired by EKU and had a worse record than Wolford in the preceding seasons, in an inferior conference. In other words, the mastermind of ticketgate, the ticketgate cover-up, Hill, Martin, our FB OOC schedule, Heacock's contract extension, Slocum, and Slocum's multiple contract extensions.....may likely hire someone WORSE than Slocum.  He may even hire someone that results in a winless season.  Why not? He's done it before.

The Athletic Department needs to be fixed before MBB can be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version