YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Kids who sent in their loi

<< < (12/13) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on February 01, 2017, 08:23:11 AM ---D J Smalls from SC

--- End quote ---

If I am reading this correctly, he came in a a true soph this year and will have 3 years to give us. They must be very high on him to grab a JUCO after only 1-year. That could be a really good sign for our recruiting in general.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 01, 2017, 03:33:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on February 01, 2017, 08:23:11 AM ---D J Smalls from SC

--- End quote ---

If I am reading this correctly, he came in a a true soph this year and will have 3 years to give us. They must be very high on him to grab a JUCO after only 1-year. That could be a really good sign for our recruiting in general.

--- End quote ---
They list him as class of 2020 which supports your specuation on years, but no indication if that is "good sign for recruiting in general" or indication of coach's opinion of DBs

ytownchief22:
Naz Batee Diggs has signed. LB from Warren Harding

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5274099/naz-battee-diggs

IAA Fan:
Hard to say Go. Generally you have to be very high on someone to grab him after 1-year. I know that many big programs used to encourage academic issues to stay the second year at JUCO, so they can become soph's or even juniors and get a full 4-years in. Maybe that is not so common anymore, with many 4-year schools offering general studies. I say it will be a very good or poor move in the long run.

I also like the signing of young Chris Durkin. I must be showing my age, as it seems like just a few years ago when his dad was a star for the Guin hard-ballers and hard to believe he is old-enough to have a college-age son. I think he is still 2nd or 3rd highest draft pick at 79. Talent seems to be in the blood. Welcome to the team Chris!

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Hey Chief, Justin Walker WR Fullerton..Has his name came across yet ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version