YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Kids who sent in their loi

<< < (9/13) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on February 01, 2017, 12:25:33 PM ---Did you watch the defense at all last year. They played with 2 linebackers on the field more times than they had 3. So they will be fine

--- End quote ---
And they did that because they wanted to, or because they didn't have anybody that they had confidence in?  Watch some of the later games and playoffs and you will see they had Derek Rivers droping in coverage because they didn't have anybody else to play LB. 
I'm not interested in being "fine".  I'm interested in being "great".  I'm interested in making plays behind the two biggest holes we've ever had at YSU with the DEs gone, and I don't see the playmakers on the field from 2016, simple as that. I hope you are right, but we'll see. 

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: go guins on February 01, 2017, 12:39:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on February 01, 2017, 12:25:33 PM ---Did you watch the defense at all last year. They played with 2 linebackers on the field more times than they had 3. So they will be fine

--- End quote ---
And they did that because they wanted to, or because they didn't have anybody that they had confidence in?  Watch some of the later games and playoffs and you will see they had Derek Rivers droping in coverage because they didn't have anybody else to play LB. 
I'm not interested in being "fine".  I'm interested in being "great".  I'm interested in making plays behind the two biggest holes we've ever had at YSU with the DEs gone, and I don't see the playmakers on the field from 2016, simple as that. I hope you are right, but we'll see.

They did that because that's what the defense called for when they were playing teams that threw more than they ran. Had zero to do with having confidence in the players

--- End quote ---

ytownchief22:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That is not true. They did that to get him to expand his skill set and comfortable and used to it for the NFL because he's going to be a 3-4 OLB at the next level.

Guinfan1990:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

you define the word football stupid. you know most NFL teams play in 2 linebacker sets these days right? its the trend of football

my god your parents should be ashamed for raising someone so uneducated.

ytownchief22:
Tyler Sims, a 6-2, 220 LB from Highland CC in Kansas has signed.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5420777/57ea95b5f61708961c1ebda8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version