YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Tropical Bowl / Daytona Beach / Ruiz Offensive MVP

(1/6) > >>

Penguin Nation:
I missed this game and just read about it on AGS.  Webb and Ruiz were two of the top four rushers in this game.  Webb returned the opening kick and rushed on the first play.  Ruiz (apparently his suspension doesn't apply to this game) had the first rush for the American team, and was named the offensive MVP.  He had the longest rushing play and most rushing yards/play.

Great representation of Penguin FB in this All Star game in front of NFL and CFL scouts...who must be sitting on the camera side  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzCuFKNLnxo

http://www.tropicalbowl.com/news/tropical-bowl-players-shine-in-daytona-in-front-of

Wick250:
I don't know how others feel about this, but I will never forgive Ruiz and the rest of that irresponsible group for betraying their teammates and crippling our team during the playoffs.  Happy for Webb, could care less about Ruiz.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 24, 2017, 09:51:52 AM ---I don't know how others feel about this, but I will never forgive Ruiz and the rest of that irresponsible group for betraying their teammates and crippling our team during the playoffs.  Happy for Webb, could care less about Ruiz.

--- End quote ---
Agreed.  I didn't watch these highlights after Jody's opening kickoff return, as I don't care.  Ruiz would have been a HUGE help in the playoffs and finished as the #1 Rusher in YSU history and been an icon forever, IF he didn't put a priority on getting high over his teammates. 
I also feel bad for Avery Moss and his ankle.  You don’t get much opportunity to showcase your stuff for the scouts and he is obviously still hurting. 

ytownchief22:
Good for Martin and Jody!

Penguin Nation:
I don't fully understand the reasons for the suspensions. Ruiz was pulled over for a bullsh-- infraction of failing to use a turn signal, and then the LEO searched his car after prolly manufacturing a claim of smelling marijuana, and finds a gun and marijuana.  Finding marijuana is like finding a cell phone...its literally everywhere.  If the Second Amendment mattered, finding a gun would be meaningless.  So all of that is BS.  It's the result of BS laws being enforced by people in magic blue costumes, not IMO, any fault of Ruiz.  Was Ruiz also involved in failed drug tests? idk.

What did the suspended players test positive for?  PEDs?  Marijuana?  Both are as common as candy, so I don't fault them too much. At least with PEDs they were trying to improve their performance on behalf of the team. PEDs should be banned tho in collegiate athletics.  They can have long term adverse effects.  Marijuana shouldn't even be an issue.  However, in exchange for a scholarship, there are rules attached, and those rules need to be followed, even if the rules (like testing for MJ) are BS.

It's unfortunate, and those that failed their drug tests screwed up....but I'd fault quitting on your team after losing your starting job long before I'd fault anything these four players did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version