YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Future Football Schedules

<< < (4/8) > >>

Penguin Ice:
Here's my take on reading all of the posts:
Why would any of the Mac schools in Ohio schedule YSU ?
It's a no win situation for them.  If they win, everyone would say well your suppose to win your FBS after all.  But if they loose, they loose a lot more than a football game. They could lose potential recruits that would have gone to their school but now would rather play for the FCS school in state.

supermario21:

--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on January 13, 2017, 10:21:29 PM ---Here's my take on reading all of the posts:
It's a no win situation for them.  If they win, everyone would say well your suppose to win your FBS after all.  But if they loose, they loose a lot more than a football game. They could lose potential recruits that would have gone to their school but now would rather play for the FCS school in state.

--- End quote ---

I faintly remember the days when the NCAA seemed to care about its minimum attendance standards for FBS/1-A schools. If they don't enforce that anymore, it really takes away leverage we would have to have them schedule us. I mean an Akron-YSU game at Infocision would probably be one of their best attended games of the season. Back then it could have made the difference when looking at average attendance.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20150913/NEWS/309139997/ncaas-out-of-date-football-attendance-mandate-makes-it-difficult

There's an article discussing the very topic of minimum attendance.

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: supermario21 on January 13, 2017, 10:25:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on January 13, 2017, 10:21:29 PM ---Here's my take on reading all of the posts:

--- End quote ---

I faintly remember the days when the NCAA seemed to care about its minimum attendance standards for FBS/1-A schools. If they don't enforce that anymore, it really takes away leverage we would have to have them schedule us. I mean an Akron-YSU game at Infocision would probably be one of their best attended games of the season. Back then it could have made the difference when looking at average attendance.

--- End quote ---

I totally agree with you

guinpen:

--- Quote from: supermario21 on January 13, 2017, 09:27:44 PM ---Would we be willing to do 2 road games for 1 home game? Would Akron or Kent? Maybe we should just suck it up and beat them regardless of where the game is at.

--- End quote ---

Allow me to think about it, .............. NO! Heck if/when we ever do a home/home with Akron, The first game is here. 

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 13, 2017, 07:31:02 PM ---It is the arrogance and stupidity of Akron and Kent that prevents those schools from engaging in intelligent ooc scheduling in the early fall.  They will not offer home and home games with us, yet they pay out a bunch of money to play weak FCS teams in front of about 2,000 fans in perfect September weather.  This should be a "no-brainer" in which all three schools in northeastern Ohio win.  Akron and Kent would actually get over 10,000 fans, butts in seats, into their stadiums for ooc games once every two years.  YSU would not even need the blood game against a real FBS team.  Our schedule could consist of a home tune-up game with the NEC, then Akron and Kent, one at home and one on the road.  Six home games and plenty of money from the MAC guarantee and the larger crowd for the MAC home game.

But it will not happen.  Kent and Akron cling to the ridiculous principle that they must be equal to Ohio State or Alabama since they are in the same NCAA classification.  That makes about as much sense as YSU claiming that they are the equal of Duke because our basketball team is, technically, at the same level.

We are all SECOND TIER programs in football and basketball, regardless of any formal classification.  We understand that perfectly well; the delusional MAC schools cannot seem to grasp that irrevocable truth.

Nation, I will tell you straight out.  If YSU ever gets on its knees and agrees to play only road football games at MAC schools, I will immediately stop my rather substantial donation to our school.  That is how strongly I feel about this issue.  I know that I am not alone in that point of view.

--- End quote ---

Well said, I agree

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version