YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ice Castle Club Level?

<< < (4/10) > >>

Penguin Nation:
IMO I'd rather be in FCS playoffs than the G5 and a meaningless bowl.  WMU was never even considered for the CFP.  Why not skip G5 and join the ACC and beat VT again?  ;)  I think there'll be major conference realignment with several G5 teams dropping to FCS in the next few years.  I think Idaho is the first of many.  G5 attendance is taking a big hit.  I've heard JMU was offered MAC membership?  If you passed on it...wise move.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-01-03/the-unravelling-of-college-football-starts-with-all-these-empty-stadiums

IAA Fan:
I see club seating as a step down from loge and it will be purchased by businesses. It is an idea worth consideration, I just want to see some dollar figures to be certain the area makes more than additional loges.

Dukester:
JMU uses semantics when it speaks.  It will say we have not been "offered membership to any conference".  They also say "if the right opportunity comes around" they will accept it. 
Here's what this means - no conference will offer unless they know a school will accept. 

I know the Sunbelt offered, but we wanted a Football only membership.  I believe the offer has been outstanding for years for full membership, although I read about 6 months ago they gave up on us.

CUSA approached both ODU and JMU to gauge our interest in CUSA at the final four about 5 years ago.  ODU said "hell yes, let's talk."  JMU said, "thanks, but the timing is not right for us".  Imagine when your rival's new football program is ready at 4 years, and a team that's been one of the top 5 1AA programs the last decade isn't quite ready.  New stadium, new athletic center for football, and 23k average home attendance.   >:(

As far as the MAC - about 3 years ago there was a lot of talk about JMU going to the MAC.  We all the sudden were playing their teams in basketball and football.  We even had a preliminary agreement for one of the MACSs 1A teams to play at JMU.  That would of been the first time a 1A had played at a 1AA.    MAC coaches were openly quoting what a good addition JMU would be for the MAC.  Then all the sudden nothing happened.  I assume that was not our precise choice.

Also 3 years ago we paid to have a company to evaluate our readiness for a move to 1A, and they said we were ready.

A year or two ago I, and most fans would of told you the admin was at a point where it was CUSA (we're ready now, but CUSA isn't offering) or better, and no Sunbelt or MAC.  At this point with the new Virginia legislation limiting student fees for athletics, I'm not sure if CUSA is still an option for our Admin.    I think our out fee is at $1,000,000 for the CAA.  I think getting into a conference is more than that.  Plus television revenues have dropped for CUSA.  So there is a good chance JMU won't see 1A in my lifetime.   Having recently hit 50,  I only got so much time??? 

Dukester:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 09, 2017, 05:30:42 PM ---I see club seating as a step down from loge and it will be purchased by businesses. It is an idea worth consideration, I just want to see some dollar figures to be certain the area makes more than additional loges.

--- End quote ---

It's not just clubs, but suites.  Suites are normally for businesses, and clubs individuals.  At least in our situation.

YSU1:
I thought they were doing away with the FCS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version