YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ice Castle Club Level?

<< < (3/10) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 09, 2017, 02:01:14 PM ---Isn't the whole reason of building the new press box is to open more room for club and loge seating ? They are moving all radio, tv and press over to the east side.

--- End quote ---

My understanding is that the plan is to simply create more loges, not a club section.  Loges are cost prohibitive to >99% of Penguin fans and are usually purchased by corporations, at least that's my understanding.  Short of that, one could pay $5k/year and get two loge seats ( http://ysusports.com/penguin_club/membership_levels ), which would be the closest thing we have to a club section.

What Dukester is describing would be like upgrading to First Class on a flight.  It's a luxury to enhance the experience, and affordable to far more ppl than renting a private jet.  I'd pay the entry fee and $125/seat in a heartbeat, but not much more.  I think it'd increase attendance, interest, gameday experience, and revenue for the University.

--- Quote from: Dukester on January 09, 2017, 02:26:45 PM ---I guess I can see why there is so much inter-fighting on here.  I'll take my "programmar" somewhere else once I figure out what it is.  ;) 

--- End quote ---

My wife is JMU grad, and I am a damn picky fella.  Thanks for your input on this thread and congrats on an epic season.

Dukester:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 09, 2017, 02:34:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 09, 2017, 02:01:14 PM ---Isn't the whole reason of building the new press box is to open more room for club and loge seating ? They are moving all radio, tv and press over to the east side.

--- End quote ---

My understanding is that the plan is to simply create more loges, not a club section.  Loges are cost prohibitive to >99% of Penguin fans and are usually purchased by corporations, at least that's my understanding.  Short of that, one could pay $5k/year and get two loge seats ( http://ysusports.com/penguin_club/membership_levels ), which would be the closest thing we have to a club section.

What Dukester is describing would be like upgrading to First Class on a flight.  It's a luxury to enhance the experience, and affordable to far more ppl than renting a private jet.  I'd pay the entry fee and $125/seat in a heartbeat, but not much more.  I think it'd increase attendance, interest, gameday experience, and revenue for the University.

--- Quote from: Dukester on January 09, 2017, 02:26:45 PM ---I guess I can see why there is so much inter-fighting on here.  I'll take my "programmar" somewhere else once I figure out what it is.  ;) 

--- End quote ---

My wife is JMU grad, and I am a damn picky fella.  Thanks for your input on this thread and congrats on an epic season.

--- End quote ---

I doubt you'd go to this extreme - but we're told this is part of the reason we were outbid for the playoffs a couple years.  We were told a loss on the club was factored into our bid. 

One common complaint from non club fans is the outside seats are frequently empty because the club seat holders are inside utilizing all the club benefits.  But lets be real, we all know on message boards people will complain about everything - I'm guilty of that at time too.   ;)

DavedS:

--- Quote from: Buddy on January 09, 2017, 02:31:57 PM ---I would say Dukester is fine.  I saw nothing wrong with what was said.  I would hope he would stay.

--- End quote ---
I agree--I'm about as far from being a JMU fan as there is but find nothing wrong or derogatory about his post. ???

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: Dukester on January 09, 2017, 02:52:56 PM ---I doubt you'd go to this extreme - but we're told this is part of the reason we were outbid for the playoffs a couple years.  We were told a loss on the club was factored into our bid. 

One common complaint from non club fans is the outside seats are frequently empty because the club seat holders are inside utilizing all the club benefits.  But lets be real, we all know on message boards people will complain about everything - I'm guilty of that at time too.   ;)

--- End quote ---

if there is a 3-score lead on a NEC team, I'm prolly headed back in for more tacos and beer.  :D  I'm not sure what difference it makes if they are in or out.  Our loge patrons are always in. 

You'd know better than I would but my guess is that the club and rest of the expansion was with an eye on upgrading to the FBS.

Dukester:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 09, 2017, 03:36:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dukester on January 09, 2017, 02:52:56 PM ---I doubt you'd go to this extreme - but we're told this is part of the reason we were outbid for the playoffs a couple years.  We were told a loss on the club was factored into our bid. 

--- End quote ---

if there is a 3-score lead on a NEC team, I'm prolly headed back in for more tacos and beer.  :D  I'm not sure what difference it makes if they are in or out.  Our loge patrons are always in. 

You'd know better than I would but my guess is that the club and rest of the expansion was with an eye on upgrading to the FBS.

--- End quote ---

That's what the fans thought.   Not that many of your posters would care, but what was gut wrenching to us is our instate Rival ODU (for basketball) went from no football to 1A in four years about 5 years ago.    Then this year our government in VA decided to pass a law limiting amount of student fees that could be used for sports that makes it even harder for us to make the move.  We got a new president about 3 years ago that does not really see the importance of 1A football, although you can't miss him at most of the big football events that including College Game and the SMU win last year, as well at the NC championship.  Our facilities are better than 1/3rd of 1A.  You'd think that would point us to 1A - but we've watched conference mates GaState, ODU move after only 5 years in 1A.  UMass left for the MAC.  Coastal Carolina is now moving up.  ASU and GSU successfully moved up a couple years ago.  For some reason we can't figure out how to do it.

The conversation on our boards is what's better - Minor Bowls or Playoffs?   I see both sides, but I'd rather be 1A with a good year being ranked in the top 25.   Give me a shot to be Western Michigan and in the Cotton Bowl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version