YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ice Castle Club Level?

(1/10) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Renovations on the East stands are scheduled to begin soon to create a new press box, which would open new loges atop the West stands and increase loge revenue.

Why not include a club level as part of the East stand renovations?  Look at this video of JMU's club level created during their recent renovations five years ago:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwja9eaWuLPRAhVH5oMKHfe4AagQtwIIKjAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8Bl03lDXHKw&usg=AFQjCNF20yKT0-Ue4J9NklquSkcV9B1lWg

It doesn't have to be as extravagant as that, but what if a climate-controlled section was created with a few perks...comfortable seating, dedicated restrooms, and a dedicated bar and limited buffet?  If there is such a waiting list for far more costly loges, wouldn't there be a demand for this?  Wouldn't it bring out fans who are willing to spring more $$, but otherwise won't go to a game and sit in a cold rain?  Especially after the success of this season?

IAA Fan:
I like the idea and we have the elevator; but I am not certain club seats would have to be climate controlled ...what do you think about something more similar to traditional box seating? The idea would be more room to sit. From what I see in the stadium reference, we already have over twice the number of loges as Bridgeforth. Now if we converted the lower level to club, you are right, I think we would generate more revenue, as we would charge per seat or section ....where I think loges are per loge. I cannot see YSU giving up any loges for it though. What if it does not sell?

supermario21:
I think more premium seating, even at the expense of overall seating capacity would be worth it. The days of 20,000 people at Stambaugh are long gone. Doing something to update the stadium, generate lots more revenue, and make the fan experience better would be worth it IMO. Maybe the athletic department/penguin club could put out floaters to see what kind of interest there would be along with a hypothetical cost.

And after attending the MSU-OSU game in East Lansing in the club section, climate-controlled seating would absolutely be worth it. Especially considering how attendance seems to tail off toward the end of the season, even when the games are against marquee opponents.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 08, 2017, 05:38:42 PM ---I like the idea and we have the elevator; but I am not certain club seats would have to be climate controlled ...what do you think about something more similar to traditional box seating? The idea would be more room to sit. From what I see in the stadium reference, we already have over twice the number of loges as Bridgeforth. Now if we converted the lower level to club, you are right, I think we would generate more revenue, as we would charge per seat or section ....where I think loges are per loge. I cannot see YSU giving up any loges for it though. What if it does not sell?

--- End quote ---

There is a wide spectrum of possibilities from a simple glass enclosed section with 50 seats to, well, what Bridgeforth has.  The investment made would be dependent upon perceived demand.  IMO, based on loge demand, there definitely would be a market.  Once built, the market would drive the rates.  If demand is low, the price would have to reflect that.  Initially I'd have low introductory rates.  My suspicion is that once a fan experiences Penguin football in a comfortable and warm environment, they may never go back to wearing ponchos and long johns.

IAA Fan:
I would have to know how many seats would fit in a loge, then do the math. The seats would have to be about 4" wider than the current chair-back and maybe even padded. I, along with the rest of America, am getting fatter.

We could convert a couple of the lower loges just to see how it sells and the cost would be minimal. At least the labor. Like these club seats, the media section is really loges divided up and amenities removed. All of this once we expand of course. If any of you have ever been up, to a post-game or any reason, to the 4th floor of Stambaugh ...you would see it is VERY nice. Really quite impressive actually. I have been to two Penguin games in a loge. One with a private group and the other I won in a Penguin Club raffle. They treated us very well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version