YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football only post-game talk

<< < (4/10) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 08, 2017, 08:08:46 AM ---The box score does not show the Mays completion...did I hallucinate that play?

--- End quote ---

The only one I saw was behind the line. There is no way we could afford Mays to throw in this game. When he is in, they brought in (or over) a DE. Great time to have had Ruiz up-the-middle though.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 08, 2017, 10:42:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 08, 2017, 08:08:46 AM ---The box score does not show the Mays completion...did I hallucinate that play?

--- End quote ---

The only one I saw was behind the line. There is no way we could afford Mays to throw in this game. When he is in, they brought in (or over) a DE. Great time to have had Ruiz up-the-middle though.

--- End quote ---

Mays in 2016 is 11-18-1 for a/c/i and has a completion % similar to Wells at 61.1.  This is what they did with Davis in 2015.  When 2015 Davis or late-season 2016-7 Mays went in, we telegraphed a rushing play.  Davis once said he heard the Defenses say out loud, "they're going to run."  Similar to having a QB who can't run, you shouldn't have a QB who can't be trusted with the pass....but that's not the case w/ Mays IMO.

YSU1:
(Penguin Nation)  what are you Ricky Bobby, if you don't finish first you are last.  No one is happy they lost.  The fact is they had a great season.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on January 08, 2017, 11:09:19 AM ---(Penguin Nation)  what are you Ricky Bobby, if you don't finish first you are last.  No one is happy they lost.  The fact is they had a great season.

--- End quote ---

They had the tools to wear their new jewelry to the White House.....and meet Melania.

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 08, 2017, 09:30:47 AM ---It's the media's job to question, turn over stones, and even piss people off if necessary (it's almost always necessary).  The local media is the University's lapdog.  Feeble coverage of ticketgate, and almost zero coverage of Slocumgate.  IDK the background, but if a member of the media actually did their job.....then kudos to them...and the rest of the local media should rally around them.

--- End quote ---

That's because the local Youngstown media probably doesn't want to step on toes.  That's why they are only in Youngstown the bottom barrel of news station areas.  They do no investigative reporting like most new stations do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version