YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football only post-game talk

<< < (3/10) > >>

pennyguin1:
Yes yes turnovers did us in today.

Overall what a great season for our Guins. They took us on amazing journey. I was at the first game in WVU, and my thought was: We would make the playoffs, but we would either lose the first round game, or win one game and be done. Well they made a fool out of me. They just kept winning. We beat two really really good teams on the road(dominated Jacksonville St).

Penguin Nation:
The most disturbing thing about this game is the happiness and thrill of some to be in second place.  This is a game that could have, and should have, been won.  The game was lost before we took the field.  The problem was not the defense despite the suspensions. Only two teams held JMU to less than 28 points all season....NDSU (27) and Villanova (20).  We held JMU to far fewer yards than NDSU did.  The offensive stats are misleading as much offensive production was the garbage time TD drive.  Like the Wofford game, the anemic and ineffective offense led to the possibility of an early game special teams debacle. leading to another short field for the opponent, and an early opponent lead.  Mays performed well in his bizarrely limited role.  I've covered the QB issues in detail this season, and won't rehash them here.  The special teams in the post-season has been terrible. 

The box score does not show the Mays completion...did I hallucinate that play?

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: lakesbison on January 07, 2017, 04:45:09 PM ---miscues hurt the penguins, if they limit those, its a much much closer game.

--- End quote ---

I know......I can't believe we did that.

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 07, 2017, 08:52:20 PM ---Well here is a link at least. YSU is first up:

https://www.facebook.com/ncaafcsfootball/videos/593569127504419/

--- End quote ---
It was very nice of coach Bo to congratulate James Madison on their win and acknowledge them as a great football team. I guess Mike Houston forgot everything YSU has accomplished to get to this game. Bo does point to someone in the media and said your done

Penguin Nation:
It's the media's job to question, turn over stones, and even piss people off if necessary (it's almost always necessary).  The local media is the University's lapdog.  Feeble coverage of ticketgate, and almost zero coverage of Slocumgate.  IDK the background, but if a member of the media actually did their job.....then kudos to them...and the rest of the local media should rally around them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version