YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Vs. JMU In Game Thread

<< < (20/22) > >>

penguinpower:
At the end of the day missing key players hurt us.  They were too stupid to stay out of trouble and it cost us.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 09, 2017, 09:45:49 AM ---At the end of the day missing key players hurt us.  They were too stupid to stay out of trouble and it cost us.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. 4 starters being out hurts. 4 of our most important starters at that.

IAA Fan:
 I look at what we could have done to win this game. Well at 100% I think we have a good chance. Ruiz was just too much to overcome. He can get to the next level and then pick up speed. This would have forced JMU's LB's inside and then given us a chance to work in space. We3 had no outside run game & our offense thrives on this.  Also, the line could have better protected Wells, both in general and with a run-game. I am impressed by a couple of those young WR's we have.

On offense JMU players were not what I would call elite ...none of them. However, they work well together. Look at that QB, not to insult the guy as he just whipped us, but was he even in the top half of the QB's we faced this year? (WVU, ILS, SDSU, NDSU, UNI)? Nope. Pregame hype had me scared about that back, well he got his yards, but he was not even averaging 3 yards-per carry after the first 2 drives. However, we were down 14-0 at that point with stupid TO's and a short field. Our defense finally settled in on them. Yet coach Carl brought up our safeties in run support and they simply knew to pick on our terrible secondary, as every balanced (offense) team did all season against us. Our D line has never seemed that bad, I do not understand why we creep up like that. If you look at our losses, we do this in every one of them. JMU did the same thing but they had a secondary. Heck that was the strength of their team

None-the-less. Our inability to run, our miscues on special teams and our secondary all add up to a lopsided game.

Nation, who cares about 2015 at the end of 2016?  Your OC has been here for 8 years, so if you are going to judge him either do it for 2016, or his entire tenure.  In 2015, our pass coverage and D line was terrible & not much better in 2016. Last year Carl dropped back and doubled-up. This year he stacked the front. I do not blame coach Carl or Bo ...in fact I respect the improvements in just 2 years. Yet in 2016, our offense was stellar most games once we settled in on a QB. You are just afraid to say anything negative about a guys named Pelini ....either one of them. We have many shortcomings on defense and in head-coaching ...you can fool some people, but no one that watched the games. Heacock loaded up the front under Tressel, but we had a secondary that could play on an island. Just because Bo says the defense was "okay" in every press conference does not mean it is so. He is covering and it pi**** me off every time he does it. I lose respect for him. People who watch the game also know the shortcomings on offense and special teams. We don't look at the game with the focus of getting rid of a coach. Have you ever once asked why we do not have a special teams coach? Last year we did not even have one and this year we brought over an under-qualified coach just to cover. That is the fault of your Head-coach. You are right about one thing ... coach Bo is no god and needs to stay out of the O and D ...maybe take over as special teams coordinator. Let his OC and DC do their jobs. The season is over and now the coordinators jobs switch over to recruiting.

DavedS:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 09, 2017, 09:50:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 09, 2017, 09:45:49 AM ---At the end of the day missing key players hurt us.  They were too stupid to stay out of trouble and it cost us.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. 4 starters being out hurts. 4 of our most important starters at that.

--- End quote ---
True--Dirtydukes should send them all thank you cards--but I'm sure he's the type that thinks JMU would've still won easily 8)

Dukester:

--- Quote from: dirtydukes on January 08, 2017, 09:30:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Guinfan1990 on January 07, 2017, 12:14:57 PM ---Boy for all the hype JMU got they seem real overrated. they look slow and un-athletic. 

we should shut down their runnung game with ease especially that RB, beating up on those creampuffs in his career really helps pad those stats.

if Wells can get going, im fully confident we will win with ease.

--- End quote ---

Hahahahaha

--- End quote ---

That's funny.  He's probably one of those that chant "over-rated" which really belittles your own team.

Guinfan1990 - you guys had an under rated team.  They played hard through a lot of adversity and had a great year.

Getting to the Championship far exceeded anything either of our teams have done lately. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version