YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Vs. JMU In Game Thread

<< < (19/22) > >>

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: footballfanatic on January 08, 2017, 08:26:31 PM ---Ytown Girl - I can tell you with 100% certainty that Montgomery has had better offers almost every year he has been here. I know his family pretty well and this is a fact. His family loves the area and his oldest son is a freshman on the YSU baseball team. His younger son is a junior in high school and they did not want to move during his high school years unless it was just something amazing. I look for him to be gone for sure after his younger son graduates.
Also - not sure where all the hatred from you towards Montgomery stems from... this offense OVER performed this year. Find me another team in the country that played 4 quarterbacks and went as far as us. We really missed the 4 suspended starters in the JMU game but our players and coaches never quit. For those of you questioning his game time adjustments, I am not sure what else you wanted him to do. Wells threw to 10 different receivers. After it was obvious that the running game was not going to work, the coaches found other ways to get Jody the ball and he had 10 catches himself. What else would you have tried?
Nobody is more upset about not winning that game on Saturday than the people in that locker room but this fan base needs to realize how much this team achieved this year and be proud of them all.

--- End quote ---

He's still not a good coach in a lot of peoples opinion.  Sorry but the QB position is a mess and definitely not a strong point with YSU.  I can almost bet Pelini is being told to retain monty for some odd reason.  People seem content with a mediocre OC.  Good for him if he has better offers but it's time for a change.  There are plenty of adjustments he could have made.  Stop forcing Webb.  While he's a great weapon his small size really showed against JMU.  Pound the ball with a bigger running back. 

dirtydukes:

--- Quote from: Guinfan1990 on January 07, 2017, 12:14:57 PM ---Boy for all the hype JMU got they seem real overrated. they look slow and un-athletic. 

we should shut down their runnung game with ease especially that RB, beating up on those creampuffs in his career really helps pad those stats.

if Wells can get going, im fully confident we will win with ease.

--- End quote ---

Hahahahaha

footballfanatic:
Ytown girl ~ your comment about Bo was told to retain him shows just how clueless you really are!!! Do you know Bo Pelini???? Do you honestly think he really cares if someone told him to retain Montgomery?! Bo always has and always will make his own decisions. The people that don't think he is a good coach are a few football board posters that have never coached a down of college football! If Bo Pelini thinks he is good enough to keep then he must be. Again, tell me what you would have done other than "run a bigger back?"  We definitely missed Ruiz in this game but it doesn't matter who you have at RB if the o line is struggling! Again... tell me another team in the country that played 4 QB's and went as far as YSU?
Let's trust Bo with the decisions ~ he seems to know football!

SoupCity:
Look, add me to the list of "not being a Shane Montgomery fan."  But this particular game had absolutely NOTHING to do with his game plan or whether he failed to adjust.  YSU ran into a BUZZ SAW named James Madison University.  And they are VERY good.

The offensive line was overmatched from the first drive on, special teams was weak again and the secondary was not very good.  People can sit here and talk and b**** about all of this and it really doesn't matter.  They got beat....on Saturday, 6 Jan 2017 they weren't the better team.  Am I disappointed....ABSOLUTELY.  Am I proud...ABSOLUTELY.

I was there, I watched that game live.  I watched that OL walk off the field multiple times with their heads down.  They didn't quit, but knew they were overmatched.  sh** happens, deal with it!!!!

Penguin Nation:
In 2015, YSU had the nations #1 pass D.  Why did we go 5-6?  Offense.  Who's in charge of the offense? That's all that needs to be asked.  The OC manages the offense top down from recruiting to developing players to play calling. 

In the Natty, the shortcomings were again offense, as well as special teams.  Definitely a pattern has formed. That's just the way it is. 

As far as Bo goes, he's not a god, and makes mistakes.

If we want to improve, we should address our shortcomings, which are primarily the offense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version