YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Vs. JMU In Game Thread

<< < (18/22) > >>

penguinpower:
We ran sideways in this game.  We needed to run up the middle.  They stared to soften there and we had to abandon the run for the pass because of what happened with the turnovers.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 08, 2017, 08:37:23 AM ---We ran sideways in this game.  We needed to run up the middle.  They stared to soften there and we had to abandon the run for the pass because of what happened with the turnovers.

--- End quote ---

Agreed and as much respect as I have for McCaster he is not Martin Ruiz. We knew his loss was going to bite us at some point. Then the passes turned to TO's as well.

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 08, 2017, 10:39:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 08, 2017, 08:37:23 AM ---We ran sideways in this game.  We needed to run up the middle.  They stared to soften there and we had to abandon the run for the pass because of what happened with the turnovers.

--- End quote ---

Agreed and as much respect as I have for McCaster he is not Martin Ruiz. We knew his loss was going to bite us at some point. Then the passes turned to TO's as well.

--- End quote ---

McCaster had 2 carries for 9 yards.  Not enough giving him the rock.  But hey when you have an OC who can't make changes to a game plan that's what happens.

IAA Fan:
Could be girl, but I don't think so. To use a dessert analogy, there is nothing I like better than plain chocolate or vanilla ice cream. However, a sugar cone adds just the right touch for me. At YSU's level, we are making a sundae. Good ice cream is a must, but the right toppings are just as important. McCaster is like a true scoop of Handles ...toppings can actually ruin it.

McCaster is a pleasant surprise, but Ruiz is probably the "best tasting" back we have ever had. McCaster's catch was awesome though.

footballfanatic:
Ytown Girl - I can tell you with 100% certainty that Montgomery has had better offers almost every year he has been here. I know his family pretty well and this is a fact. His family loves the area and his oldest son is a freshman on the YSU baseball team. His younger son is a junior in high school and they did not want to move during his high school years unless it was just something amazing. I look for him to be gone for sure after his younger son graduates.
Also - not sure where all the hatred from you towards Montgomery stems from... this offense OVER performed this year. Find me another team in the country that played 4 quarterbacks and went as far as us. We really missed the 4 suspended starters in the JMU game but our players and coaches never quit. For those of you questioning his game time adjustments, I am not sure what else you wanted him to do. Wells threw to 10 different receivers. After it was obvious that the running game was not going to work, the coaches found other ways to get Jody the ball and he had 10 catches himself. What else would you have tried?
Nobody is more upset about not winning that game on Saturday than the people in that locker room but this fan base needs to realize how much this team achieved this year and be proud of them all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version