YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Vs. JMU In Game Thread

<< < (21/22) > >>

dirtydukes:

--- Quote from: DavedS on January 09, 2017, 11:03:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 09, 2017, 09:50:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 09, 2017, 09:45:49 AM ---At the end of the day missing key players hurt us.  They were too stupid to stay out of trouble and it cost us.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. 4 starters being out hurts. 4 of our most important starters at that.

--- End quote ---
True--Dirtydukes should send them all thank you cards--but I'm sure he's the type that thinks JMU would've still won easily 8)

--- End quote ---

We went up 21-0 and went into protect mode.  We could have beat you all 84-0.

ysu2000:
Dukester - you seem to be one of the many nice, classy JMU fans that I interacted with in Frisco.  Congratulations , you guys deserved it.

Dirtydukes - I also ran into some classless JMU d***** bags and/or inbred hillbillies.  You certainly seem to fall into one of those categories.  Maybe both.  Go away now

DavedS:

--- Quote from: dirtydukes on January 09, 2017, 02:01:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 09, 2017, 09:45:49 AM ---At the end of the day missing key players hurt us.  They were too stupid to stay out of trouble and it cost us.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. 4 starters being out hurts. 4 of our most important starters at that.

--- End quote ---
True--Dirtydukes should send them all thank you cards--but I'm sure he's the type that thinks JMU would've still won easily 8)

--- End quote ---
Don't believe coach Houston has a "protect mode" in his playbook--a blind man could see that both teams were playing as hard as they could ???

--- End quote ---

Dmorton:
Without the fatal turnovers, I'm not sure JMU would have won at all. 

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: dirtydukes on January 09, 2017, 02:01:47 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Not true dirty. Take away our 2 miscues and that last drive was for the game (remember we blew the snap on a field goal). Even the one announcer corrected the other noting that JMU brought pressure from the left side twice in the final drive. That was a very hard-fought game. Had YSU been able to turn up to the beginning ...result would have been quite the opposite of what it was. Not to take away from your win and it's dominance; but don't make it more than it is. You went into "big play mode" and it worked. You were lucky as so many times teams get bit on the back side when they do that. Your secondary was awesome and won the game for you. It allowed you to stack the front and we were without our best back. Well I do not want to insult Jody ...we were without one of the two heads of our offensive dragon. YSU is not a big-play team. Our offense is more methodical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version