YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

570 tonight

<< < (2/7) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: supermario21 on January 02, 2017, 08:06:28 PM ---Yikes. The Madison forum folks have basically been saying they're expecting 10-12 K of their fans. Unfortunately for Strollo I doubt the way the school handled the ticket thing endears themselves to too many rank and file Penguin Club folks. This should've been the perfect year to cash in on all the new enthusiasm, but whatever, hopefully it doesn't matter on Saturday. Just think about how many students they could have sent if they took the full allotment. They sold out of 125 in 45 minutes...

Strollo is full of crap though about only 500-1000 fans being the norm. Maybe for a couple times in Huntington, but if you go back and watch the 99 game on Youtube, they probably had at least a third to half the fans there. An entire sideline is almost red.

--- End quote ---

I failed to mention that he also stated population decline.

supermario21:
Population decline is a perfectly valid reason. Also, ESPN3. You just need a cable subscription and a chromecast to watch every game in HD. Look at the bowl games. All levels of football sans the Rose Bowl and the biggest of games have faced attendance declines. Can we do better as a fan base, absolutely. Can the athletic/ticket department also do better? Absolutely.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 02, 2017, 08:27:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: supermario21 on January 02, 2017, 08:06:28 PM ---Yikes. The Madison forum folks have basically been saying they're expecting 10-12 K of their fans. Unfortunately for Strollo I doubt the way the school handled the ticket thing endears themselves to too many rank and file Penguin Club folks. This should've been the perfect year to cash in on all the new enthusiasm, but whatever, hopefully it doesn't matter on Saturday. Just think about how many students they could have sent if they took the full allotment. They sold out of 125 in 45 minutes...

Strollo is full of crap though about only 500-1000 fans being the norm. Maybe for a couple times in Huntington, but if you go back and watch the 99 game on Youtube, they probably had at least a third to half the fans there. An entire sideline is almost red.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

How long are we going to use that excuse ? Jesus.

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 02, 2017, 08:59:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 02, 2017, 08:27:34 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

How long are we going to use that excuse ? Jesus.

--- End quote ---

I highly doubt a lot of people in Youngstown can even afford to make the trip.  James Madison is a little different as it pulls from the major cities in Virginia. 

YSUGO:
I was at all the championship games.  The 91 game my guess there was 500-700 of us.  I have the same picture that Strollo has that was taken and we were lost in a sea of green.  But I have to believe the 3 years in Marshall we sent more than 1k.  It seems when we went in 97 and 99 there was at least 2k? Am I wrong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version