Author Topic: Last Chance U  (Read 3859 times)

ytowngirl

Last Chance U
« on: December 27, 2016, 07:25:31 AM »
Just watched this series last night.

It's really good and shows you the side of what really goes on in college football.

Pelini should try to bring in some of those guys from Eastern Mississippi CC, some have a ton of talent just not the grades.

I know Tim Johnson went there and he was a beast.

Anyone else watch this?

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Last Chance U
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 09:27:14 AM »
I saw your post and I just finished watching the first episode.   My reaction is both sad and disgust in watching these so called student athletes.   Maybe i'm old and they're young and I'm out of touch.   Attitude,self discipline and humility is something that was lacking in these men-children.   I hope the female academic advisor is getting paid well to baby sit.

I'm all for 2nd chances but these guys are there only for football and going to class and working for a degree seems to be an interference in their lives.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 09:42:28 AM »
Watched the whole series. Definitely opens your eyes to see the struggle some of these kids have. People can talk about Bo's sideline demeanor all they want, how about Buddy going after that ref in the middle of the game ? Ha!

ytowngirl

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
I saw your post and I just finished watching the first episode.   My reaction is both sad and disgust in watching these so called student athletes.   Maybe i'm old and they're young and I'm out of touch.   Attitude,self discipline and humility is something that was lacking in these men-children.   I hope the female academic advisor is getting paid well to baby sit.

I'm all for 2nd chances but these guys are there only for football and going to class and working for a degree seems to be an interference in their lives.

This is how it is at a lot of schools.  Problem is that a lot of these guys grew up super poor in Mississippi and since they were great athletes were always coddled and given grades.  I think a lot of it was also filmed for drama in her office though.

ytowngirl

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 12:13:17 PM »
Watched the whole series. Definitely opens your eyes to see the struggle some of these kids have. People can talk about Bo's sideline demeanor all they want, how about Buddy going after that ref in the middle of the game ? Ha!

Right?  I'm surprised that he wasn't actually suspended longer.