YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2017 Recruiting class

<< < (10/40) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 17, 2017, 04:27:26 PM ---Christian Turner, a 5-10, 190 RB from Cincinnati La Salle high school has committed to YSU. Highly productive back for the D2 state champs.

--- End quote ---
He also had 3 offers from very high academic schools..I love smart football players..We got a great running back

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Go Guins there are lots of needs, wants and desires from all your top FCS programs each year. With 63 scholarships that can be divided between 85 players compared to the 85 full scholarships allowed at the FBS level it will always be an uphill battle. The key is to not get overloaded at any one position and still have comfortable depth. Sometimes it always doesn't work out that way. More often then not you will always have a weaker side to the line of scrimmage from year to year. At least our backup defensive ends were able to get their feet wet this year and they will only continue to improve. I  think Mays was kept at the back up position for a reason after Ricky returned from injury. I think we will have an offense that will put up a ton of yards and points next season. My hope is we develop a strong defense that may bend at times, but won't break. The coaches are still active on the Juco trail you could see a few surprises on defense before signing day

Guinfan1990:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 16, 2017, 07:57:54 PM ---Add QB Joe Craycraft from Marion to the list. 6-4, 200 pound with a strong arm. Needed a QB in this class.

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4813931/joe-craycraft

--- End quote ---

with that release i doubt he ever see's the field as a QB. my god those are some god awful fugly throws.

go guins:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on January 18, 2017, 03:58:12 PM ---Go Guins there are lots of needs, wants and desires from all your top FCS programs each year. With 63 scholarships that can be divided between 85 players compared to the 85 full scholarships allowed at the FBS level it will always be an uphill battle. The key is to not get overloaded at any one position and still have comfortable depth. Sometimes it always doesn't work out that way. More often then not you will always have a weaker side to the line of scrimmage from year to year. At least our backup defensive ends were able to get their feet wet this year and they will only continue to improve. I  think Mays was kept at the back up position for a reason after Ricky returned from injury. I think we will have an offense that will put up a ton of yards and points next season. My hope is we develop a strong defense that may bend at times, but won't break. The coaches are still active on the Juco trail you could see a few surprises on defense before signing day

--- End quote ---
Do I need to raise my hand and be acknowledged if I want to go to the bathroom teacher?  WTF is this all about?  I been watching YSU football since you were a gleam in your daddy's eye, so don't talk down to me.   OF COURSE one side of the ball is better than the other.  Same is true for Ohio State and the New England Patriots too.  What kind of elementary class are you running here?
Our backup D ends were a pitiful shadow of Rivers and Moss, and we need major input of new talent if we are going to be reasonable competitive with a 100% new D backfield.   You guys and your backups slay me. 

FOOTBALLFEVER:
 My question to you go guins is what other position would you like to take away from to have the quality defensive ends that you want in place?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version