YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2017 Recruiting class

<< < (32/40) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 31, 2017, 02:32:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 31, 2017, 02:24:35 PM ---Remember.. he can split scholarships in the FCS

--- End quote ---
I'm unsure on a point of split scholarships.  If you have to be on an athletic scholarship to participate in a game, so partial scholarships count toward that?  IE, if we give 4 kids 25% schollies, can they all play?

--- End quote ---

Yes, but all DI football teams are limited to 85 players receiving scholarship. So it is not as though you can give everyone 25% and have 252 players on scholarship.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 31, 2017, 11:09:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on January 31, 2017, 02:24:35 PM ---Remember.. he can split scholarships in the FCS

--- End quote ---
I'm unsure on a point of split scholarships.  If you have to be on an athletic scholarship to participate in a game, so partial scholarships count toward that?  IE, if we give 4 kids 25% schollies, can they all play?

--- End quote ---

Yes, but all DI football teams are limited to 85 players receiving scholarship. So it is not as though you can give everyone 25% and have 252 players on scholarship.

--- End quote ---

Yes but we have 62 or 63 so they can split them to make 85

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 31, 2017, 11:09:53 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
NO 252??  Too bad, that was what I was hoping for!  Seriously, what I was wondering was a number of the local walk-on types are going to end up as special teams guys at best, and if partials could play, that lets that opportunity open for them as they will never get full rides.
Thanks, you answered my question.  Sounds like the NCAA made this rule make some sense and many don't.

ytownchief22:
Naz Batee Diggs, 6-1, 195 LB from Warren Harding is committed.

go guins:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on January 31, 2017, 10:39:29 PM ---What about this kid?  Could red shirt and be our guy??  Kid can fling it all over the place!!

http://mag.bleacherreport.com/k-hari-lane-quarterback-recruiting/?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2601245/khari-lane

--- End quote ---
They (whomever "they" are) don't like this kid because he is too strong?  Release looks quick, arm is big time strong.  Sign him up!
I'm a strong believe in names.  You need a good one to succeed at QB. IE, Tom Brady, yes Jim Garoppolo, not a chance)  Ususally I don't like the "made up names" but K'Hari Lane is GREAT name. I'm all in with this guy!  Besides my grandkids love Kalahari water park!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version