YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2017 Recruiting class

<< < (4/40) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on December 31, 2016, 01:26:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on December 31, 2016, 07:45:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 30, 2016, 10:00:10 PM ---Ryan Lezzer, WR/DB from Clearview, PA committed tonight. Offers from Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Navy, Army, Air Force along with several FCS schools. Very solid athlete.

--- End quote ---

He chose an FCS school in the Natty over teams in the G5, where there is no hope for a Natty...unless....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/group-of-five-teams-considering-their-own-playoff-after-feeling-jilted-by-the-cfp-163808257.html

Maybe the NEC, Patriot, MEAC, and Pioneer should have their own playoff too. Seriously if the G5 wants to have a shot at the playoffs, then drop to FCS....although some won't even have a shot there either.

--- End quote ---

Well maybe he didn't want to commit to military service. Usually they offer guys with really good grades but are average athetes.

--- End quote ---

Could be, but I'm sure playing in the Army-Navy game in front of the President would be a draw.  I have no idea what his particular reasons were.  I was just thinking of what distinguishes us from every school he rejected.  Whatever it was, was big since he gave up FCOA to be a Penguin.

ysuscuba:
Ryan Lezzer is my nephew.  I wasn't able to watch him play in high school but I'm sure we have an awesome athlete. Very excited he selected YSU and can't wait to watch him play as a penguin!

Guinfan1990:
Lezzer might have something to him, averaged 16 yards per catch as a junior and 18 yards per catch as a senior.

ytowngirl:

--- Quote from: Guinfan1990 on January 02, 2017, 10:39:53 AM ---Lezzer might have something to him, averaged 16 yards per catch as a junior and 18 yards per catch as a senior.

--- End quote ---

Is he being recruited as a WR or a CB?  Sites say CB.  Either way hope he does well. 

Guinfan1990:
I asked a friend of mine who could be transfering out of Ohio State thats a WR and he said RS Fresh Alex Stump from St. Eds.

Kid was a beast in HS, always thought he could do better at a YSU than a Ohio St.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version