YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Frisco tickets. .

<< < (18/24) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on December 21, 2016, 01:36:07 PM ---I've had posts deleted and was threatened to be banned from this board for criticizing, amongst others, our AD.  I've even called him a moRon.....*gasp*...*sound of pearl clutching*......  I didn't do it cuz it was amusing, or I was bored, but because his incompetence hurts the University.  Going to the FCS championship is happening despite him.  As long as he's there, expect to pay the price for his ineptitude....and due to a wholesale lack of accountability there....and a complicit and pathetic local cheerleader media...he's likely there until his retirement.

--- End quote ---

So the man is moron because he did not purchase 4k tickets to a game that the odds of us getting there are about 4.1%; that is assuming everyone playing on the same neutral site (same environmental conditions, fan-size, band volume, etc. are all equal throughout the entire tournament and there was no seeding. I would need to pull out my Stats-III book to try and calculate the odds of an unseeded team with some games at home and others on opposing teams turf. I would bet it would not even come microscopically-close to 1%. We were outbid by Richmond in the previous round. That is where I would have rather seen the $$ go ..at least the odds are much improved. Sounds like a incredibly wise business decision to me.

Buddy:
There are a bunch of tickets on all the ticket sites.  If you want to go you can buy one.  The place holds around 20k

footballfanatic:
It still makes no sense and we can't be getting the right story... So the other 6 teams (NDSU, Wofford, Eastern Washington, SHSU etc) all guaranteed and paid for up to 4K tickets for each school? Let's say those 6 teams committed to selling 2k tickets. That's 12,000 tickets at $75 each which comes to $900,000!! What in the hell is the NCAA doing with that money? This is a low estimate because I would assume most schools would commit to the 4K tickets. I just don't believe that the other schools that are not in the championship game are having to pay for the tickets. I call BS on this one!

goodnews:
I suspect if you don't make the championship no money is exchanged. I'm sure its BAD verbiage in the release.  If both qualifying schools are entitled to 4k a piece that leaves 12k tickets for the NCAA to distribute.  I'm sure the public could've purchased tickets throughout 2016 for the championship through their exchange.  I would guess that's why NDSU fans are selling online because they assumed they would qualify and purchased earlier this year.  I doubt the NCAA waits until 3 weeks before the game to put tickets on sale.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on December 21, 2016, 01:36:07 PM ---I've had posts deleted and was threatened to be banned from this board for criticizing, amongst others, our AD.  I've even called him a moRon.....*gasp*...*sound of pearl clutching*......  I didn't do it cuz it was amusing, or I was bored, but because his incompetence hurts the University.  Going to the FCS championship is happening despite him.  As long as he's there, expect to pay the price for his ineptitude....and due to a wholesale lack of accountability there....and a complicit and pathetic local cheerleader media...he's likely there until his retirement.

--- End quote ---

So the man is moron because he did not purchase 4k tickets to a game that the odds of us getting there are about 4.1%; that is assuming everyone playing on the same neutral site (same environmental conditions, fan-size, band volume, etc. are all equal throughout the entire tournament and there was no seeding. I would need to pull out my Stats-III book to try and calculate the odds of an unseeded team with some games at home and others on opposing teams turf. I would bet it would not even come microscopically-close to 1%. We were outbid by Richmond in the previous round. That is where I would have rather seen the $$ go ..at least the odds are much improved. Sounds like a incredibly wise business decision to me.
[/quote]

Do you see the irony of the YSU Athletic Department pleading with fans all season to go to games, and then when it's YSU $$ on the line, they balk?  Even noting that team performance was related to attendance?

In most recent years, the attendance for the FCS title game is >20k.  How about when YSU was in it?

'99  20.052
'97  14,771
'94  27,674
'93  29,218
'92  31,304
'91  12,667

You don't think we'd sell 4k?

The 4k seats would all be together, with YSU fans sitting together with a likely multiplier effect in terms of cheering, overall experience,  and enthusiasm. On TV, it provides great optics with a sea of red and white.

If purchased separately, the YSU fans will be scattered with the opposite effect.

The 4k would've been repayed with fans purchasing seats, but if you don't have the $$ to commit to be successful, then you don't belong in that division.  There is always some risk with investment.  This would've been a relatively safe investment.

All of that being said, if the bid was kept by the NCAA even if YSU never made the title game, my bid would have been zero....instead I would've sent them a note to bite me.....but I don't think that's the case.

So the man is moron...to me.

Well said.

Nice but Watch you whom you are quoting I did not say that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version