YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Frisco tickets. .

<< < (17/24) > >>

Penguin Nation:
I've had posts deleted and was threatened to be banned from this board for criticizing, amongst others, our AD.  I've even called him a moRon.....*gasp*...*sound of pearl clutching*......  I didn't do it cuz it was amusing, or I was bored, but because his incompetence hurts the University.  Going to the FCS championship is happening despite him.  As long as he's there, expect to pay the price for his ineptitude....and due to a wholesale lack of accountability there....and a complicit and pathetic local cheerleader media...he's likely there until his retirement.

penguinpower:
They are discussing this on 570.  At the end of the day the NCAA is the issue.  YSU had to pre-buy the tickets (up to 4000 seats.  YSU looked at actual butts in seats (because ticket sales are inflated by the corporate sponsors buying all the majority of tickets). Therefore YSU looked at actual attendance figures and had to remain conservative because if we lost in subsequent rounds we still had to pay for the tickets.  The bottom line is that everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and the corporate sponsors had higher demand.  Lesson is more people need to actually pay for their tickets and I suspect we they would have a higher se se of urgency to attend the games.  When its free there is less fan commitment. Don't ever give your tickets out for free.

footballfanatic:
That makes no sense at all... Why would we have to pay for 1000 tickets if we don't make it to the championship game? Does that mean the other 6 teams that were in the quarterfinals and put in their bid for tickets are paying for tickets? If that is the case then someone needs to investigate the NCAA because that is the biggest rip off I have ever heard of!

supermario21:

--- Quote from: footballfanatic on December 21, 2016, 04:05:13 PM ---That makes no sense at all... Why would we have to pay for 1000 tickets if we don't make it to the championship game? Does that mean the other 6 teams that were in the quarterfinals and put in their bid for tickets are paying for tickets? If that is the case then someone needs to investigate the NCAA because that is the biggest rip off I have ever heard of!

--- End quote ---

That's the one sticking point, and one where I think YSU isn't telling the truth. If you go on twitter and follow JMUtickets account, they said early sunday that they were through their allotment and that their sections were 100-107. Then on Monday evening they said they added 128-133. To me, that means the NCAA offered YSU (which refused) then came back to JMU and asked if they'd want them. By then JMU knew their demand and took them.

Owlguin:
Can't blame the NCAA if you didn't reach out to your boosters and alumni well in advance and take presales and/or reservations for tickets.  That happens at the college level all the time.  If they had done that, they would have had a good idea of how many tickets were needed by Sunday morning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version