YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Frisco tickets. .

<< < (16/24) > >>

Dukester:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on December 21, 2016, 07:12:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 21, 2016, 06:19:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 20, 2016, 04:08:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 20, 2016, 03:58:52 PM ---We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skidding about taking the full allotment.

--- End quote ---

Were they expecting 20k to be at the playoff games ? Are there even 20k people left living in the city limits ? Give me a break. Strollo and the whole athletic department are a joke. Have you heard a peep from them since saturdays game ? Besides a measly tweet and Facebook post ? The most important game in our football program since 1999. What a crock of sh*t.

--- End quote ---

The problem lies with the people of Youngstown.  They routinely turn out 10k for high school football games but do not attend YSU games.

--- End quote ---
I enjoy high school football and go to plenty of games and I can assure you attendance at local HS games is down as well. Furthermore, I struggle to believe ANY game this year had 10k. Old SVC games maybe had 7500 if they were lucky and those are the big time local schools. We have issues but from someone that lives here, I don't think that is the problem at all.

--- End quote ---

I don't get how you only ordered 1k of your 4k allotment.  JMU was only had 60% full in the playoffs.  That happens in the playoffs.    It appears we'll have at least 10k at Frisco.  Our attendance won't be that much less (33% lees) than home playoff games.   To reserve only 1k and give JMU 7k?  That is beyond nuts.  We've been outbid twice by much less supported programs over the last 12 years, so we've had our own frustrations, but only taking 1K of tickets probably takes the cake.   ???

GFBison:

--- Quote from: led509 on December 21, 2016, 07:38:52 AM ---A
nyone know of tickets other than through NCAA?   Any NDSU fans left?

Led509

--- End quote ---

I am thinking that most of us NDSU fans listed our tix on Flashseats.  It is the place to go to purchase these tix IMHO.  I already sold mine but I do have two wristbands yet for the River Club.  This is a premium service that allows you early access to the stadium (1/2 hour) with food and beverage in an enclosed area above the stands on the west side.  This is the only place inside the stadium to get an adult beverage.  PM me if interested and do search for your game seats on Flashseats if you still don't have them.

supermario21:
When looking at home playoff attendance, you have to consider several things. First, those games were not known until 6 days max ahead of time. That's not much time to alter plans, family commitments, work, etc. There's 3 weeks between the EWU game and the title game. Plenty of time for people to change work schedules and make plans. The weather was also atrocious for both of those games. 30 and windy/cold/rainy is pretty unlikely in Frisco. Plus, it's the championship. How do you engage non-diehard fans? Let them purchase tickets to this game. Not only does this turn away the lukewarm fans, it also pissed off a lot of people in the Penguin Club who couldn't get tickets. The JMU ticket office was working overtime all weekend from Friday night on with both travel/ticket arrangements and keeping people informed on social media. YSU did none of that. How did JMU magically end up with 3 thousand extra tickets? It was because they were actively soliciting fan interest and had people requesting tickets via a sort of lottery system. If YSU had been doing something like that they probably could have asked for those 3 thousand tickets. Shame on our grade school level athletic department. The kicker to all that is they were letting people know by Monday AM if they had gotten tickets. It was mostly their Penguin Club equivalent who had gotten tickets, and the entire group of Dukes Club members that got tickets received them. Those who ordered but didn't receive tickets then got on the secondary market a full day before anyone knew anything about what was going on here.

Owlguin:
I would agree.  There was no planning ahead for this and the fans will literally pay the price, and the players may not have the support they deserve.  In the end, the office probably knew (or should have known) the required policy for the title game of committing to purchase a set number of tickets, and they should have requested ticket reservations from fans long in advance. 

THEsocalledfan:
Last chance to buy 4 great tickets for over 50% off face value.  My ebay auction ends in less than 2 hours.  These are section 110, third row; probably better and cheaper than many allotment seats.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272490335990?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version