YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Frisco tickets. .

<< < (13/24) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: coachtress on December 20, 2016, 11:14:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 20, 2016, 10:15:02 PM ---This is a complete debacle for the fans, especially the loyal fans.  We need a better marketing department.  We need people to attend the games.  This is really sad.  I know several people that cannot make the trip due to the cost of tickets and the cost of the flights now.  The bigwigs got the cheap tickets and the cheap flights.

--- End quote ---

I agree on the debacle, but how did the bigwigs get the cheap flights?

--- End quote ---

There were  $200 round trip flights out of CAK and now there are none.  We had all of the flight numbers written down but wanted to wait to have a ticket in hand before booking.  We got the tickets secured by 6 pm yesterday  after paying way too much for them, and went to book the flight.  Nothing.  They were full and they are all $400 at a minimam now.  Why? Because they got their tickets and booked their flights.  Meanwhile we were bidding on tickets and ended up just buying them outright so we could try to stay close to the YSU sections

We all know that the guy that is running the marketing department is missing a chromosome.  Why does Strolls put up with that kind of mediocrity.  He needs to have aggressive ticket sales targets made every year with a parallel measure of actual button in seats binding the higher ticket sales target. 

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 20, 2016, 04:08:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 20, 2016, 03:58:52 PM ---We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skidding about taking the full allotment.

--- End quote ---

Were they expecting 20k to be at the playoff games ? Are there even 20k people left living in the city limits ? Give me a break. Strollo and the whole athletic department are a joke. Have you heard a peep from them since saturdays game ? Besides a measly tweet and Facebook post ? The most important game in our football program since 1999. What a crock of sh*t.

--- End quote ---

Whoa there.  This is true.  They lost their ass on the playoff games because they have to bid on them and honor the bid.   Tressel even donated $20k of his own money to buy tickets to the playoff games.  The problem lies with the people of Youngstown.  They routinely turn out 10k for high school football games but do not attend YSU games. It is not based on the people living in the city but more on the activities of people living in Boardman, Canfield, Poland as well as people in Warren area.and Liberty.  They need to balance a budget, I get it.  The people have not lived up to their end of the bargain and this is the result of that.  In addition many of those people (who have jobs and are not retired) expect a free ticket.  Why is that?  They were conditioned like dogs from the days of the Youngstown Pride.  They don't buy tickets, they look for hand outs.  The next time someone asks you for a free ticket, call them a dog and show them to the ticket office (at least until attendance returns).

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Cimo7 on December 20, 2016, 05:55:09 PM ---Honestly.....I agree. Can you blame them? We get 13k total for 2 home playoff games and now fans are coming out of the woodwork. Can't complain now when you won't show up and support the team in the castle.

--- End quote ---

I am pissed at them I didn't get a ticket.  I am more pissed at the freeloading fair weather fans that pit the university in this situation.

https://youtu.be/i5_T0azEpqM

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on December 21, 2016, 06:19:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 20, 2016, 04:08:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 20, 2016, 03:58:52 PM ---We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skidding about taking the full allotment.

--- End quote ---

Were they expecting 20k to be at the playoff games ? Are there even 20k people left living in the city limits ? Give me a break. Strollo and the whole athletic department are a joke. Have you heard a peep from them since saturdays game ? Besides a measly tweet and Facebook post ? The most important game in our football program since 1999. What a crock of sh*t.

--- End quote ---

The problem lies with the people of Youngstown.  They routinely turn out 10k for high school football games but do not attend YSU games.

--- End quote ---
I enjoy high school football and go to plenty of games and I can assure you attendance at local HS games is down as well. Furthermore, I struggle to believe ANY game this year had 10k. Old SVC games maybe had 7500 if they were lucky and those are the big time local schools. We have issues but from someone that lives here, I don't think that is the problem at all.

led509:
A
nyone know of tickets other than through NCAA?   Any NDSU fans left?

Led509

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version