YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Frisco tickets. .

<< < (9/24) > >>

supermario21:
Seriously, NDSU fans and twitter were much more useful than our athletic department. Once JMU said their allotment was on the west side, we were fortunate to scoop some decent seats on the YSU side when they were still below face value...

cx500d:

--- Quote from: supermario21 on December 20, 2016, 03:48:36 PM ---Seriously, NDSU fans and twitter were much more useful than our athletic department. Once JMU said their allotment was on the west side, we were fortunate to scoop some decent seats on the YSU side when they were still below face value...

--- End quote ---

OK, you know what side of the stadium is "yours,"  but quite frankly when push comes to shove, if tickets are available on the other side, buy them.  We sat all over the stadium, sides didn't matter.

That said, somebody in your ticket office and sports information department needs to be held accountable.  It doesn't help if school is on break, but its not like you haven't been there before (hey YSU, the 90's are calling and they want to give you your trophy back!)

YSUGO:
We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skiddish about taking the full allotment.

supermario21:
This is pretty funny, or sad..

http://wkbn.com/2016/12/18/tickets-to-fcs-national-championship-game-quickly-running-out/

--- Quote ---Trevor Parks from the YSU Athletic Department said after the Jacksonville State game, Youngstown State committed $75,000 to purchase 1,000 tickets.

The university was able to provide tickets to loge holders and others, but have since run out. YSU was hoping to have more tickets, but none were available. NB: what a lie!

“Despite not having any additional tickets available to provide to fans, we are optimistic that fans will be able to locate tickets in secondary markets. We are thrilled to have as much support in Frisco on January 7,” he said.
--- End quote ---

To me, the other part of the story that doesn't hold up is why were we not allowed to purchase those 3K seats after the EWU game. James Madison made it seem like we refused them, which makes sense.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on December 20, 2016, 03:58:52 PM ---We only asked for 1k because we lost 35k and 45k on the playoff games.  They lost their shirt and with the poor turnout I think they were skidding about taking the full allotment.

--- End quote ---

Were they expecting 20k to be at the playoff games ? Are there even 20k people left living in the city limits ? Give me a break. Strollo and the whole athletic department are a joke. Have you heard a peep from them since saturdays game ? Besides a measly tweet and Facebook post ? The most important game in our football program since 1999. What a crock of sh*t.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version