Author Topic: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship  (Read 91371 times)

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2016, 04:03:55 PM »
My recommendation for the bottle is:

Made right here in Louisville KY. I'll have an extra bottle with me $60.00 (retail price)! This is hands down the best Bourbon on the planet!!

I don't think you can buy this in VA or OH???

The death bourbon on the planet, also from KY I believe, is Basil Hayden's!

I look forward to drinking it. Thanks

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2016, 07:33:27 PM »
Is the rumor true about 7 JMU players being suspended?

They were suspended for the NDSU game as well. Same team that beat the Bison will be playing us.

Does anyone know for sure that our 5 suspended players are not going to play for the championship game? I don't know if this has anything to do with the suspension. The academic semester is officially over the day after the EWU game. We are now technically into the next semester.
However, I thought someone on this board had suggested that the suspension would last for 6 months or half a season into next year. Is that true?

Marijuana is 6-months ...everything else (non-steroid) is one year. This is mandatory. The NCAA only recently reduced it to 6-months. I will go out to NCAA.org and find it for us.

Weird cause Ohio State surely doesn't suspend players 6 months for weed.

They sure do. happens a lot more than you think down here in Columbus.

I live in Columbus and my husband works with the team.  They don't get 6 month suspensions.  Bosa popped and missed 1 game last year.

Remember the last MBB coach at OSU; he lost over half the team and eventually his job. It was still a year back then.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2016, 12:43:47 PM »

They were suspended for the NDSU game as well. Same team that beat the Bison will be playing us.

Does anyone know for sure that our 5 suspended players are not going to play for the championship game? I don't know if this has anything to do with the suspension. The academic semester is officially over the day after the EWU game. We are now technically into the next semester.
However, I thought someone on this board had suggested that the suspension would last for 6 months or half a season into next year. Is that true?

Marijuana is 6-months ...everything else (non-steroid) is one year. This is mandatory. The NCAA only recently reduced it to 6-months. I will go out to NCAA.org and find it for us.

I live in Columbus and my husband works with the team.  They don't get 6 month suspensions.  Bosa popped and missed 1 game last year.

Remember the last MBB coach at OSU; he lost over half the team and eventually his job. It was still a year back then.

Nobody remembers that lol. Thad has been there forever.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »
Teams do have the option to test anytime they wish. If that is the case, Then I would think the school could implement their own punishment, but it would have to include no participation for the next game. Regular season games have no random testing by the NCAA. So Bosa could pop anytime he wants, as long as OSU does not care. If Bosa pops on an NCAA test after a playoff game he is gone for 6-months.

ytowngirl

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2016, 05:04:18 PM »
Teams do have the option to test anytime they wish. If that is the case, Then I would think the school could implement their own punishment, but it would have to include no participation for the next game. Regular season games have no random testing by the NCAA. So Bosa could pop anytime he wants, as long as OSU does not care. If Bosa pops on an NCAA test after a playoff game he is gone for 6-months.

The NCAA/schools need to have consistency.  That is why guys smoke weed all the time.  And its a good portion of every team that does it.  When I played at YSU, we only were tested twice a year, but maybe they don't care about the females. 

ytowngirl

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2016, 05:05:36 PM »

I had to google it but Matta was hired in 2004.  lol way before my time.  I'm sorta a youngin'

Offline bulldogg

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2016, 06:31:05 PM »

I had to google it but Matta was hired in 2004.  lol way before my time.  I'm sorta a youngin'

You mean a younguin'
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:32:09 PM by bulldogg »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2016, 03:06:16 PM »
I guess I am. I still vividly remember Matta being hired at Butler.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2016, 07:40:34 PM »
OK..let's get focused...Christmas is over, the ticket issue is over...time to get focused on THE GAME..team is back practicing!  Hopefully we will start to hear some more from Bo and the team!!

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2016, 07:59:15 PM »
OK..let's get focused...Christmas is over, the ticket issue is over...time to get focused on THE GAME..team is back practicing!  Hopefully we will start to hear some more from Bo and the team!!

GO GUINS

The team doesn't start practicing until Wednesday

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2016, 08:32:36 AM »

GO GUINS

So they are back and you are telling me they are not watching film and preparing - same thing...

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2016, 08:58:03 AM »

GO GUINS

So they are back and you are telling me they are not watching film and preparing - same thing...

GO GUINS

They aren't back. They don't need to be back until later today. It all starts tomorrow AM

Offline dirtydukes

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2016, 12:03:54 PM »
Is it true that you guys are only bringing 1/4th of your team as well because your Athletic Department screwed up booking plane tickets?

JK, sorry, trying to get some chatter going over here.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2016, 02:27:28 PM »

GO GUINS

GO GUINS

They aren't back. They don't need to be back until later today. It all starts tomorrow AM

OK..whatever..GO GUINS!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2016, 02:30:11 PM »
Is it true that you guys are only bringing 1/4th of your team as well because your Athletic Department screwed up booking plane tickets?

JK, sorry, trying to get some chatter going over here.

It is true..that is all we will need.. ;D

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5